Teen re-bailed after Norwich park rape arrest
- Credit: SOPHIE WYLLIE
A teenager arrested in connection with a rape in a Norwich park has been re-bailed.
An investigation was launched following reports a woman, who is in her late teens, was attacked and raped in Sewell Park at about 10.30pm on Thursday, July 9, last year.
A 19-year-old man, who police say is known to the victim, has been arrested in connection with the incident.
A Norfolk Police spokesman said the suspect, who was initially bailed until August last year and subsequently to dates in October and January, has since been bailed again until April 11.
The spokesman said "enquiries are ongoing".
Officers would like to hear from anyone who may have witnessed the incident or has information concerning it.
Anyone with information should contact Det Con Carlos D’Silva at Norwich CID on 101 quoting crime reference 36/45874/20 or call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Cannabis factory uncovered in former bar in Norwich's clubland
- 2 Team behind Norwich restaurants reopen closed hotel
- 3 Restaurant boss U-turn after row over trial shift pay
- 4 Norwich pub welcomes eight new street food vendors
- 5 Council to force landowners to sell so £1.3m roundabout can be built
- 6 Pedestrian crossing must be in before Aldi store is built, say officers
- 7 Pair led to safety after 'taking refuge' in fire-hit house
- 8 £1.3m property for sale on one of most popular roads in Norwich
- 9 Heron dies after being shot six times with air gun in Norwich
- 10 Police swoop after £400k cocaine parcel delivered to Norwich house