Teenager admits robbery at Norwich hotel
- Credit: Archant
A teenager has admitted his part in a robbery which took place at a Norwich hotel.
Ja’sel McGovern, 18, appeared at Norwich Crown Court for trial on Monday, November 16 having been charged with robbery.
It followed a robbery at Hotel NR2 in Earlham Road, Norwich on November 21 last year.
McGovern, who was 17 at the time of the robbery but has since turned 18, pleaded guilty to the offence before a jury was sworn in at court.
The court heard the victim was robbed of clothing, trainers and an iPhone in the robbery carried out by McGovern and others unknown.
You may also want to watch:
Recorder Guy Ayers adjourned sentence until January 15 next year for a pre-sentence report to be carried out.
But McGovern was warned by Recorder Ayers that custody would be the likely result.
- 1 Woman taken to hospital after police incident in Norwich
- 2 Man, 47, in court on murder charge after Thorpe stabbing
- 3 Eager shoppers queue for opening of 20-year-old's vintage clothing shop
- 4 Long-suffering A11 drivers to benefit as 50-year-old road replaced
- 5 Influencer loses one-of-a-kind wedding ring at coast
- 6 Pet carer service's appeal to survive after Covid and faulty van struggles
- 7 Story behind this famous photo of when Norwich went electric in 1957
- 8 Meat factory for sale for £1.2million earmarked for homes
- 9 Police and air ambulance called to major incident near Norwich
- 10 £1.3m property for sale on one of most popular roads in Norwich
He said: “The fact I’m granting you bail is no indication of the sentence you will receive.”