Teen, 17, charged with imitation firearms offences after incident in Norwich city centre
A 17-year-old has been charged after an armed incident in Norwich city centre on Saturday.
Police were called to Rampant Horse Street just after 1pm to reports a man had been seen with a firearm.
Armed units attended and a teenager was detained and arrested on Prince of Wales Road. He was taken to Wymondham Police Investigation Centre for questioning.
He was charged with possession of an imitation firearm with intent to cause fear of violence and possession of an imitation firearm in a public place.
He will appear at Norwich Youth Court later this week.
- 1 City folk baffled after being barricaded into their own homes
- 2 All you need to know ahead of The Killers concert at Carrow Road
- 3 Fears Spurs fans may infiltrate home end at Norwich City match
- 4 Lloyds to close bank in Norwich suburb
- 5 New Japanese bar and restaurant plans to open in Norwich next month
- 6 Do you own one of these toys which are selling for £1,000?
- 7 One-bed maisonette is up for sale in one of the coolest parts of Norwich
- 8 Man arrested after hundreds of cannabis plants seized in city
- 9 The top 7 fish and chip shops in Norwich according to Tripadvisor
- 10 Owners of taco and gourmet burger trailers open restaurant in Norwich