Suspect in Norwich jewellery robbery charged with escaping custody
A suspect in an alleged �37,000 jewellery robbery has been charged with escaping custody.
Mark Barton of Cotman Fields, in the city centre, faces three charges of robbery and one for escaping from custody.
He was supposed to be in Britannia House, part of Norwich Prison, from September 14 to September 19, but is accused of escaping.
It is alleged Mr Barton then committed three city centre robberies.
He was charged with robbing jewellery worth �37,299 on November 1.
The 29-year-old is also accused of taking �3,275 in cash on October 19 and robbing �932 on October 28.
At Norwich Magistrates Court this morning the tattooed Mr Barton did not enter a plea.
- 1 Teen slapped with six points on licence - but she can't even drive
- 2 Can you spot yourself in the Lord Mayor's Procession crowd?
- 3 Buses damaged in city centre collision
- 4 New pub landlord welcomes back families and introduces street food menu
- 5 Two neighbouring properties go up for sale - and they both need some TLC
- 6 Blaze sees 20 passengers evacuated from city bus
- 7 Everything you need to know ahead of the Great Norwich Duck Race
- 8 Changes on the way for listed pub after plans given green light
- 9 All you need to know ahead of the Lord Mayor's Celebration 2022
- 10 Thousands needed to restore historic Norwich village sign
He was denied bail by the court.
The case was sent to Norwich Crown Court for November 16.