Suspect in Norwich jewellery robbery charged with escaping custody
A suspect in an alleged �37,000 jewellery robbery has been charged with escaping custody.
Mark Barton of Cotman Fields, in the city centre, faces three charges of robbery and one for escaping from custody.
He was supposed to be in Britannia House, part of Norwich Prison, from September 14 to September 19, but is accused of escaping.
It is alleged Mr Barton then committed three city centre robberies.
He was charged with robbing jewellery worth �37,299 on November 1.
You may also want to watch:
The 29-year-old is also accused of taking �3,275 in cash on October 19 and robbing �932 on October 28.
At Norwich Magistrates Court this morning the tattooed Mr Barton did not enter a plea.
- 1 Elton John to kick off UK leg of farewell tour at Carrow Road
- 2 'Second time this year' - Armed police called to Norwich street
- 3 'An insult to the city': Couple ditch 'hellhole' hotel after 45 minutes
- 4 Ex-head charged with sex attacks on boys at Norfolk school
- 5 'Someone will get hurt' - Frustration over pothole near Norwich surgery
- 6 New bus and cycle lane opens after traffic disruption into city
- 7 Jailed in Norfolk last week: Drug dealer, £1.3m fraudster and paedophile
- 8 What next for The Birdcage in Norwich?
- 9 Road cleared after overturned lorry on A47/A11 Thickthorn roundabout
- 10 Music shop for rent after couple bow out after 34 years
He was denied bail by the court.
The case was sent to Norwich Crown Court for November 16.