Suspect in Norwich jewellery robbery charged with escaping custody
A suspect in an alleged �37,000 jewellery robbery has been charged with escaping custody.
Mark Barton of Cotman Fields, in the city centre, faces three charges of robbery and one for escaping from custody.
He was supposed to be in Britannia House, part of Norwich Prison, from September 14 to September 19, but is accused of escaping.
It is alleged Mr Barton then committed three city centre robberies.
He was charged with robbing jewellery worth �37,299 on November 1.
You may also want to watch:
The 29-year-old is also accused of taking �3,275 in cash on October 19 and robbing �932 on October 28.
At Norwich Magistrates Court this morning the tattooed Mr Barton did not enter a plea.
- 1 In photos: Norwich transformed but deserted in lockdown snowfall
- 2 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 3 Drag Race star kicks off BBC show stint with Norwich City theme
- 4 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 5 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 6 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 7 Pizza and Yorkshire pudding wrap takeaway opening in Norwich
- 8 Tributes paid to 'happy and giggly' woman who died aged 23
- 9 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 10 'Village would be worse without it' - Owner on plans for 17th century pub
He was denied bail by the court.
The case was sent to Norwich Crown Court for November 16.