Suspect in Norwich jewellery robbery charged with escaping custody
A suspect in an alleged �37,000 jewellery robbery has been charged with escaping custody.
Mark Barton of Cotman Fields, in the city centre, faces three charges of robbery and one for escaping from custody.
He was supposed to be in Britannia House, part of Norwich Prison, from September 14 to September 19, but is accused of escaping.
It is alleged Mr Barton then committed three city centre robberies.
He was charged with robbing jewellery worth �37,299 on November 1.
You may also want to watch:
The 29-year-old is also accused of taking �3,275 in cash on October 19 and robbing �932 on October 28.
At Norwich Magistrates Court this morning the tattooed Mr Barton did not enter a plea.
- 1 Elderly man took his clothes off at Norwich park
- 2 Revealed: How much to rent former high street store
- 3 Tributes to popular Tesco worker with 'sparkling personality'
- 4 School shut after ceiling tile falls on to class of children
- 5 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 6 Drag Race star Bimini spotted shopping in Norwich
- 7 Norwich bar gets back licence after tearful appeal by owner
- 8 Woman hit with £900 vet bill after dog gets 'stoned' on park cannabis stash
- 9 Masterplan for 4,000-homes Colman's regeneration to go on show
- 10 Excitement as city pub reopens after 18-month closure
He was denied bail by the court.
The case was sent to Norwich Crown Court for November 16.