Man killed and three wounded in multiple stabbing
- Credit: Peter Walsh
One man died and three people were taken to hospital after a stabbing incident in Thorpe St Andrew.
Norfolk Police said armed officers were called to Primrose Crescent at around 7.35pm on Wednesday, April 14, to reports of a disturbance.
When they arrived, they found four people with injuries. One man died at the scene despite the efforts of paramedics.
The other three were treated for knife wound injuries and taken to hospital.
Two men were arrested at the scene in connection with the incident and will be questioned.
A police cordon remains in place in Primrose Crescent while the investigation continues.
As well as at least eight police cars, an ambulance and a rapid response vehicle, an air ambulance was also called to the scene at 7.50pm and landed on nearby playing fields.
The helicopter, which flew from Cambridge to attend the incident, later returned to base.
- 1 Man and woman found dead in home
- 2 Water starts gushing out of sinkhole on Norwich city centre road
- 3 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 4 Parts of busy Norwich road to be shut for three days for repairs
- 5 'People make slavery jokes' - Black student on racism in schools
- 6 Despair over fly-tipping and rats in city suburb
- 7 £800k roadworks branded 'waste of time and effort'
- 8 New Lidl supermarket opens in Norwich
- 9 City bursts into life for Norwich Pride 2021
- 10 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'
Around a dozen officers and several police vehicles, including a canine unit, were still on the scene at around 9.30pm.
Superintendent Tracey Little said: "A number of police resources, including armed units, were deployed to the scene.
"A murder investigation has been launched and we are in the early stages of our enquiries to establish the circumstances surrounding the incident.
"We would like to hear from anyone who may witnessed the incident or has information concerning it.”
Anyone with information should contact Norfolk Police on 101.