‘We wish we didn’t live here’ - Neighbours react after Norwich ‘hunting knife’ stabbing
- Credit: Archant
Two men suspected of a daylight stabbing near a city park are being hunted by police.
It happened around 1pm today (Tuesday) in Angel Road, near, but not in, the Angel Gardens pub in Norwich.
A local shopkeeper, who wished to remain anonymous, said a group of men came into his business with what looked like a hunting knife.
He said: 'One of them had a big knife, it looked like a hunting knife, 40-45cm long. I told them that if they don't leave I will call the police.'
Emergency services were called to the scene a short time later to reports a man had been stabbed, and he was taken to hospital for treatment.
You may also want to watch:
A couple who have lived in Angel Road for 32-years-said the events in the road had shocked them.
They said it was a 'bit of a shock' to see all the police.
- 1 'Disaster from start to finish': Parents slam school for failing kids
- 2 Power still out in parts of Norwich city centre six hours later
- 3 New £64,000 bus lane could cut 80 seconds off journeys
- 4 Resurfacing works to see closures on three busy city roads
- 5 Alan Carr enjoys 'delicious food' and leaves large tip at city restaurant
- 6 Family piano shop founded in 1887 is leaving the city
- 7 'Diabolical' - Fury over trees felled for road widening scheme
- 8 People in Norwich fined £21k for failing to pay for prescriptions
- 9 See how Norwich Castle's keep is being transformed
- 10 Roadworks to be aware of in Norwich this week
'We don't want it on our door step,' they said.
'We wish we didn't live here, it has all got a bit too close to home. There never used to be any problems, I hope they catch whoever has done it.'
Diana Meyrick-Lear, who also lives in Angel Road said: 'I've never seen anything like it, I heard sirens and I've never seen so many police cars... It's absolutely shocking, around here we are like a little community.'
She said she had lived there for 21 years.
One suspect is described as being a white man, in his 30s, of medium build, around 5ft 6in tall and wearing a black hooded top and beige jogging bottoms.
A second suspect is described as being a white man in his mid-20s, of slim build, having facial hair and wearing a grey hooded top and black trousers.
It is thought both men fled the scene on bicycles.
Anyone with information regarding the incident should contact Norwich CID on 101 or alternatively call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.