‘We wish we didn’t live here’ - Neighbours react after Norwich ‘hunting knife’ stabbing
- Credit: Archant
Two men suspected of a daylight stabbing near a city park are being hunted by police.
It happened around 1pm today (Tuesday) in Angel Road, near, but not in, the Angel Gardens pub in Norwich.
A local shopkeeper, who wished to remain anonymous, said a group of men came into his business with what looked like a hunting knife.
He said: 'One of them had a big knife, it looked like a hunting knife, 40-45cm long. I told them that if they don't leave I will call the police.'
Emergency services were called to the scene a short time later to reports a man had been stabbed, and he was taken to hospital for treatment.
A couple who have lived in Angel Road for 32-years-said the events in the road had shocked them.
They said it was a 'bit of a shock' to see all the police.
- 1 'Not our fault' - City man hits back on abandoned caravan after land dispute
- 2 From £35k to homeless: Why rough sleepers struggle to get a job
- 3 Burglars smash way into Patisserie Valerie and nab cash
- 4 Boss ordered to build road 15 years ago battles to clear name
- 5 House of horrors: Is this the worst council property in Norwich?
- 6 'I lived in the woods for 20 years': How Sean is starting new life
- 7 'Not worth it!': Councillor wants new bus lane ditched
- 8 Car hits lamppost after two-car crash in Norwich
- 9 Store still cordoned off with police tape two months after break-in
- 10 Has £10,000 prize crash landed in Norwich from space?
'We don't want it on our door step,' they said.
'We wish we didn't live here, it has all got a bit too close to home. There never used to be any problems, I hope they catch whoever has done it.'
Diana Meyrick-Lear, who also lives in Angel Road said: 'I've never seen anything like it, I heard sirens and I've never seen so many police cars... It's absolutely shocking, around here we are like a little community.'
She said she had lived there for 21 years.
One suspect is described as being a white man, in his 30s, of medium build, around 5ft 6in tall and wearing a black hooded top and beige jogging bottoms.
A second suspect is described as being a white man in his mid-20s, of slim build, having facial hair and wearing a grey hooded top and black trousers.
It is thought both men fled the scene on bicycles.
Anyone with information regarding the incident should contact Norwich CID on 101 or alternatively call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.