‘We wish we didn’t live here’ - Neighbours react after Norwich ‘hunting knife’ stabbing
- Credit: Archant
Two men suspected of a daylight stabbing near a city park are being hunted by police.
It happened around 1pm today (Tuesday) in Angel Road, near, but not in, the Angel Gardens pub in Norwich.
A local shopkeeper, who wished to remain anonymous, said a group of men came into his business with what looked like a hunting knife.
He said: 'One of them had a big knife, it looked like a hunting knife, 40-45cm long. I told them that if they don't leave I will call the police.'
Emergency services were called to the scene a short time later to reports a man had been stabbed, and he was taken to hospital for treatment.
A couple who have lived in Angel Road for 32-years-said the events in the road had shocked them.
They said it was a 'bit of a shock' to see all the police.
- 1 City teen gets celebrity backing for prom dress
- 2 Pub closes for £5,000 refurb to enable it to serve drinks faster
- 3 Class A drugs seized from three men in city woods
- 4 Waiting game over fate of housing bid for former school playing field
- 5 Plea to get 5ft mega bush axed from busy pavement
- 6 Restaurant with 'interactive dining experience' to open in Norwich
- 7 Teen slapped with six points on licence - but she can't even drive
- 8 City chip shop might be SINKING but refuses to close
- 9 Quaint 'tucked away' house is for sale for the first time in almost 30 years
- 10 'We just want to hold our son' - Plea for help to bring miracle baby home
'We don't want it on our door step,' they said.
'We wish we didn't live here, it has all got a bit too close to home. There never used to be any problems, I hope they catch whoever has done it.'
Diana Meyrick-Lear, who also lives in Angel Road said: 'I've never seen anything like it, I heard sirens and I've never seen so many police cars... It's absolutely shocking, around here we are like a little community.'
She said she had lived there for 21 years.
One suspect is described as being a white man, in his 30s, of medium build, around 5ft 6in tall and wearing a black hooded top and beige jogging bottoms.
A second suspect is described as being a white man in his mid-20s, of slim build, having facial hair and wearing a grey hooded top and black trousers.
It is thought both men fled the scene on bicycles.
Anyone with information regarding the incident should contact Norwich CID on 101 or alternatively call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.