Man charged with burglary and assault after Norwich bar break-in
- Credit: Archant
A 56-year-old man has been charged by police after a break-in at a Norwich cocktail bar.
Mark Tidy, of Hunter Road, Norwich, was arrested on Friday, May 15 in connection with the burglary, which took place at Mr Postles’ Apothecary on Upper King Street earlier that morning.
He was taken into custody at Wymondham Police Investigation Centre and was later charged with burglary as well as assault and harassment.
Mr Tidy appeared before magistrates via video link on Saturday, May 16, where he was remanded into custody.
He will appear at Norwich Crown Court on Wednesday, May 20.
You may also want to watch:
In an unrelated incident, another man, 27, was arrested on Wednesday night, May 13, in connection with six other burglaries.
He was questioned at Wymondham and released on bail until Wednesday, June 10, while enquiries continue.
- 1 Air ambulance called and A47 closed after incident
- 2 Warning to others after mum breaks leg using park zip wire
- 3 'We will come back stronger': Norwich restaurant to close for rebranding
- 4 Diggers roll into village as work begins on 267 home development
- 5 What 45,000 new homes will mean for our city
- 6 To cross or not to cross? Pledge to trim back danger hedge at blind corner
- 7 Hamleys toy shop opens in Norwich shopping centre
- 8 New BBQ takeaway set to open in Norwich
- 9 Five of the most expensive properties for rent in Norwich
- 10 Famous Norwich firm locked in legal battle with Red Bull