Man charged with burglary and assault after Norwich bar break-in
- Credit: Archant
A 56-year-old man has been charged by police after a break-in at a Norwich cocktail bar.
Mark Tidy, of Hunter Road, Norwich, was arrested on Friday, May 15 in connection with the burglary, which took place at Mr Postles’ Apothecary on Upper King Street earlier that morning.
He was taken into custody at Wymondham Police Investigation Centre and was later charged with burglary as well as assault and harassment.
Mr Tidy appeared before magistrates via video link on Saturday, May 16, where he was remanded into custody.
He will appear at Norwich Crown Court on Wednesday, May 20.
You may also want to watch:
In an unrelated incident, another man, 27, was arrested on Wednesday night, May 13, in connection with six other burglaries.
He was questioned at Wymondham and released on bail until Wednesday, June 10, while enquiries continue.
- 1 Norwich restaurants and pubs reopening in April
- 2 New pasta and cocktail bar to open in Norwich
- 3 Tributes to the 'face of Norwich bus station' after Covid death
- 4 Driver fined after leaving queue before entering Co-Op
- 5 Emma Thompson and Peaky Blinders actor to star in new film shot in Norwich
- 6 'Spoiled the enjoyment' - Park bench damaged as engraving cut off
- 7 When can I go to the beach? Lockdown travel questions answered
- 8 Calls for bridge to stop A47 dualling work leaving villagers cut off
- 9 'Stay local' warning and visitors fined after hundreds head to Sea Palling
- 10 Road to close for three nights for £100,000 work