Driver fined after door flew off van into path of vehicle behind
- Credit: Google Maps
A driver 'thanked their lucky stars' after the door of a van that was being carried by a transporter flew off and narrowly missed their car.
Wayne Brown, of Salhouse, had been behind the wheel of a transporter carrying a white van on Wroxham Road in Sprowston when the load's rear door fell off on the morning of April 16.
Brown, 45, and of Ward Road, pleaded guilty by post at Great Yarmouth Magistrates' Court to using a motor vehicle with a load that was insecure/in a position likely to cause danger.
The court heard on Tuesday, October 26, how the driver of the car behind had 'thanked their lucky stars' that they had not been hit by it.
Melanie Read, prosecuting, told the court that 'mercifully' no one had been injured in the incident and that Brown said it was 'entirely unexpected'.
Brown was fined £300 and ordered by magistrates to pay a victim surcharge of £34 and costs of £110.
- 1 Broads pub once visited by Chelsea players shuts for good
- 2 Fry Up Inspector reveals his favourite places for a roast dinner in Norwich
- 3 Norwich cycle shop closes after 125 years in business
- 4 Norfolk's oldest woman dies, aged 110
- 5 Road closed after BMW comes off the road in Mousehold Heath
- 6 Award-winning Norwich pub celebrates 30 years in style
- 7 City centre steak restaurant to DOUBLE in size thanks to move
- 8 'Dog ramps' added as part of River Yare restoration project
- 9 How clothing boss got Norwich hooked on luxury
- 10 Crime hit street gives woman 'nightmares'