CCTV shows group untie moored up boats in 'dangerous' 2am prank
- Credit: Broads Beat
A group of men were caught on camera breaking two boats off the riverbank with "frightened" holidaymakers on board.
It happened at around 2.20am on Tuesday, June 29, at the Norwich Yacht Station in Riverside Road.
CCTV cameras spotted the four men walking along the road, before two of them bend down to untie one of the moored up barges.
The vessel can be seen floating out into the river as the two pranksters walk away, followed closely by two others.
Norfolk Police's Broads Beat team released the footage and announced it had conducted extra patrols on Tuesday evening.
A post on social media said: "Hi-vis reassurance patrols along the River Wensum in Norwich after the England match following anti-social behaviour with two boats untied from Quayside at the yacht station, frightening holidaymakers on board.
"Thankfully this is very rare but still a dangerous prank and a byelaw offence."
Join our Norfolk Crime Watch Facebook group for all the latest crime news in the county.
- 1 'Not our fault' - City man hits back on abandoned caravan after land dispute
- 2 From £35k to homeless: Why rough sleepers struggle to get a job
- 3 Boss ordered to build road 15 years ago battles to clear name
- 4 Burglars smash way into Patisserie Valerie and nab cash
- 5 'I lived in the woods for 20 years': How Sean is starting new life
- 6 Car hits lamppost after two-car crash in Norwich
- 7 House of horrors: Is this the worst council property in Norwich?
- 8 'Not worth it!': Councillor wants new bus lane ditched
- 9 'A palace reborn': Inside the £13.5m revamp of Norwich Castle
- 10 Has £10,000 prize crash landed in Norwich from space?