CCTV shows group untie moored up boats in 'dangerous' 2am prank
- Credit: Broads Beat
A group of men were caught on camera breaking two boats off the riverbank with "frightened" holidaymakers on board.
It happened at around 2.20am on Tuesday, June 29, at the Norwich Yacht Station in Riverside Road.
CCTV cameras spotted the four men walking along the road, before two of them bend down to untie one of the moored up barges.
The vessel can be seen floating out into the river as the two pranksters walk away, followed closely by two others.
Norfolk Police's Broads Beat team released the footage and announced it had conducted extra patrols on Tuesday evening.
A post on social media said: "Hi-vis reassurance patrols along the River Wensum in Norwich after the England match following anti-social behaviour with two boats untied from Quayside at the yacht station, frightening holidaymakers on board.
"Thankfully this is very rare but still a dangerous prank and a byelaw offence."
Join our Norfolk Crime Watch Facebook group for all the latest crime news in the county.
- 1 Alan Carr enjoys 'delicious food' and leaves large tip at city restaurant
- 2 Tributes paid to 'amazing' Norwich shop worker
- 3 Motorcyclist injured after crash on Norwich road
- 4 See how Norwich Castle's keep is being transformed
- 5 'I don't feel safe' - Boss' fears just one month into shop job
- 6 All the fish and chip shops in Norwich with 5-star hygiene ratings
- 7 Schoolchildren still without playing field after TWO YEARS
- 8 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 9 'They don't add up' - Mixed reaction to city development plans
- 10 7 of the best places to see fireworks in and around Norwich in 2021