Man arrested at Castle Mall in Norwich after suspected shoplifting incident
- Credit: Archant
A man was arrested at the Castle Mall shopping centre on Monday afternoon following a police incident.
Police were called to the shopping centre at 2pm after reports a man was carrying a knife but when they arrived no knife was found.
A spokesperson for the shopping centre said the incident was related to a shoplifter.
'A man was arrested in the mall on suspicion of shoplifting and taken to the Boots holding room,' he said. 'Security officers informed the police of the incident. The police arrived on site, intervened and dealt with the matter.'
They added: 'This is now a police matter and Castle Mall shopping centre cannot comment further.'
You may also want to watch:
The man was taken to the Wymondham Police Investigation Centre for questioning.
The spokesperson added: 'As ever, the management team and staff at Castle Mall shopping centre place the safety, security and comfort of all of our visitors as highly important.'
- 1 New Lidl supermarket opens in Norwich
- 2 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'
- 3 Anti-vax protesters descend on Norwich pub demanding entry
- 4 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 5 Water starts gushing out of sinkhole on Norwich city centre road
- 6 Post-Latitude covid has made me realise pandemic has a long way to go
- 7 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 8 Woman crashed into two cars after drinking at friend's home, court hears
- 9 Despair over fly-tipping and rats in city suburb
- 10 Two men charged with aggravated burglary at used car lot