Man arrested at Castle Mall in Norwich after suspected shoplifting incident
- Credit: Archant
A man was arrested at the Castle Mall shopping centre on Monday afternoon following a police incident.
Police were called to the shopping centre at 2pm after reports a man was carrying a knife but when they arrived no knife was found.
A spokesperson for the shopping centre said the incident was related to a shoplifter.
'A man was arrested in the mall on suspicion of shoplifting and taken to the Boots holding room,' he said. 'Security officers informed the police of the incident. The police arrived on site, intervened and dealt with the matter.'
They added: 'This is now a police matter and Castle Mall shopping centre cannot comment further.'
You may also want to watch:
The man was taken to the Wymondham Police Investigation Centre for questioning.
The spokesperson added: 'As ever, the management team and staff at Castle Mall shopping centre place the safety, security and comfort of all of our visitors as highly important.'
- 1 Shocking CCTV shows carer abusing woman with dementia
- 2 Six people arrested after man in 50s was stabbed in Norwich
- 3 Hethersett student offered place at prestigious music school
- 4 Work under way to build new Lidl alongside NDR
- 5 Man seriously injured after crash
- 6 Fears planning shake-up will threaten Norwich city centre
- 7 Office plan revealed for part of disused city pub
- 8 Police still at scene of daylight knife attack
- 9 Traffic shake-ups put forward for four roads in Norwich
- 10 New 66-bed care home with cinema planned near NDR