Man arrested at Castle Mall in Norwich after suspected shoplifting incident
- Credit: Archant
A man was arrested at the Castle Mall shopping centre on Monday afternoon following a police incident.
Police were called to the shopping centre at 2pm after reports a man was carrying a knife but when they arrived no knife was found.
A spokesperson for the shopping centre said the incident was related to a shoplifter.
'A man was arrested in the mall on suspicion of shoplifting and taken to the Boots holding room,' he said. 'Security officers informed the police of the incident. The police arrived on site, intervened and dealt with the matter.'
They added: 'This is now a police matter and Castle Mall shopping centre cannot comment further.'
You may also want to watch:
The man was taken to the Wymondham Police Investigation Centre for questioning.
The spokesperson added: 'As ever, the management team and staff at Castle Mall shopping centre place the safety, security and comfort of all of our visitors as highly important.'
- 1 Queues and tunes as life returns to city on Saturday after shops reopen
- 2 Man detained under mental health act after Norwich disturbance
- 3 Man charged with murder after fatal stabbing in Thorpe
- 4 City beer gardens heaving as lockdown eases and Norwich City promoted
- 5 NORWICH CITY ARE PROMOTED TO THE PREMIER LEAGUE
- 6 Kill the Bill protestors take to Norwich streets
- 7 Two Norwich fish and chip shops named among top 50 in the country
- 8 Probe into woman's death continues following suspected arson
- 9 Hunt for silver VW Golf after man seriously injured in hit-and-run
- 10 Norwich City fans gather at Carrow Road to celebrate promotion