Neighbours left shocked by fatal stabbing in 'quiet neighbourhood'
- Credit: DENISE BRADLEY/Archant2021
Neighbours have described their shock after a murder investigation was launched following a stabbing in Thorpe St Andrew.
Norfolk Police said armed officers were called to Primrose Crescent at around 7.35pm on Wednesday, April 14, to reports of a disturbance.
When they arrived, they found four people with injuries. One man died at the scene despite the efforts of paramedics.
The other three were treated for knife wound injuries and taken to hospital.
Today, as police continue to investigate the murder, people living nearby have described their shock.
A 47-year-old woman who lives in the area but did not want to be named, said they “heard the helicopter” last night.
She said: “I didn’t go out, I just heard the noise – it was really low.
“The children were excited about the helicopter. Then I saw the lights and got a bit worried.
“It’s a horrible thing. It’s really strange because we’ve never had something like that – it’s a quiet neighbourhood.
“The children are worried.”
- 1 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 2 Red kite battles with peregrine falcon above Norwich Cathedral
- 3 Norwich shop worker beaten with hammer in row over phone refund
- 4 Norwich Ikea store excluded from new 'Buy Back' scheme
- 5 Man taken to hospital after assault in Norwich shop
- 6 Hollywood actors use Norwich hair salon
- 7 Filipino fried chicken chain Jollibee to open Norwich branch
- 8 Music pub builds outdoor stage to allow gigs for 150 people
- 9 Teen in serious condition after bank holiday crash
- 10 Meet Norwich's pub detective shining a light on the city's past
An 82-year-old man, who did not want to be named, said he “saw all the lights out there”.
He said: “That’s the first thing I saw.”
The man, who also saw two women put in ambulances, said it had been a “shock”.
His wife, 80, said: “It’s a shock this has happened.
“Not much goes on around here. I just saw the police and the ambulances turn up.”
An 84-year-old man who lives close to the scene but did not want to be named, said he saw two women put in ambulances.
He said: “In this world nothing is shocking, but it’s a lovely quiet area.”
A police cordon today remains in place in Primrose Crescent, a quiet residential area off Thorpe Road, while the investigation continues.
Within the police cordon a tent has been put up close to garages where forensic officers have been carrying out investigations.
On Thursday morning at least eight police vehicles – including two forensic services vehicles – remained at the scene.
Superintendent Tracey Little said: "A number of police resources, including armed units, were deployed to the scene.
“A murder investigation has been launched and we are in the early stages of our enquiries to establish the circumstances surrounding the incident.
"We would like to hear from anyone who may witnessed the incident or has information concerning it.”
Anyone with information should contact Norfolk Police on 101.