Pregnant woman caught dealing heroin avoids jail
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
A pregnant woman caught dealing heroin in Norwich thanked the judge after he suspended her prison sentence.
Katherine Birch sold a wrap of heroin and a wrap of crack cocaine to 'Tommo' for £25 on March 21.
Norwich Crown Court heard how she appeared with the drugs after the undercover officer called a number for the 'Oreo' drug line.
Mr Youell, prosecuting, said the 0.14g of heroin had a purity of 54pc, while the 0.1g of cocaine had an 82pc purity.
Birch, 40, of Rosary Road, pleaded guilty to two counts of supplying Class-A drugs.
You may also want to watch:
Jonathan Goodman, mitigating, said Birch had a 'long-standing and significant' Class-A drug habit.
He said she is now 18 weeks pregnant with her first child.
- 1 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 2 The secrets and scandals of a former Norwich hotel
- 3 Drink driver arrested after crashing into two trees in Norwich
- 4 Up and coming Norwich musician reaches number 13 in UK charts
- 5 Centre takes action after IT failure causes long queues for Covid jab
- 6 Can you rehome this Terrier who has spent nine years at animal sanctuary?
- 7 Map reveals the most serious crashes on the NDR since it fully opened
- 8 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 9 Road in Norwich to close for four weeks for £50,000 improvement scheme
- 10 'A little bit of hope' - Care home manager look back on last 10 months
Judge Anthony Bate sentenced her to two years in prison, suspended for 18 months.
She must also undertake a six-month drug rehabilitation course.