Pregnant woman caught dealing heroin avoids jail
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
A pregnant woman caught dealing heroin in Norwich thanked the judge after he suspended her prison sentence.
Katherine Birch sold a wrap of heroin and a wrap of crack cocaine to 'Tommo' for £25 on March 21.
Norwich Crown Court heard how she appeared with the drugs after the undercover officer called a number for the 'Oreo' drug line.
Mr Youell, prosecuting, said the 0.14g of heroin had a purity of 54pc, while the 0.1g of cocaine had an 82pc purity.
Birch, 40, of Rosary Road, pleaded guilty to two counts of supplying Class-A drugs.
You may also want to watch:
Jonathan Goodman, mitigating, said Birch had a 'long-standing and significant' Class-A drug habit.
He said she is now 18 weeks pregnant with her first child.
- 1 TikTok craze sparks calls to stop sale of beans to under-18s
- 2 Norwich man convicted of murder boasts of mutilating 'up to 30' cats
- 3 Should straight people go into queer clubs and bars?
- 4 Norfolk man jailed for historic child sex abuse offences
- 5 Mum's pleas to move house denied despite GP's concerns over wellbeing
- 6 'No help to us' - Mixed views on £6.1m street revamp
- 7 'Dream come true': Norwich restaurant wins national award
- 8 Norwich man in court over more than 84,000 indecent images
- 9 Business fears for Christmas trade if council doesn't fix traffic 'chaos'
- 10 See inside this quirky bungalow for sale near Norwich railway station
Judge Anthony Bate sentenced her to two years in prison, suspended for 18 months.
She must also undertake a six-month drug rehabilitation course.