Pregnant woman caught dealing heroin avoids jail
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
A pregnant woman caught dealing heroin in Norwich thanked the judge after he suspended her prison sentence.
Katherine Birch sold a wrap of heroin and a wrap of crack cocaine to 'Tommo' for £25 on March 21.
Norwich Crown Court heard how she appeared with the drugs after the undercover officer called a number for the 'Oreo' drug line.
Mr Youell, prosecuting, said the 0.14g of heroin had a purity of 54pc, while the 0.1g of cocaine had an 82pc purity.
Birch, 40, of Rosary Road, pleaded guilty to two counts of supplying Class-A drugs.
You may also want to watch:
Jonathan Goodman, mitigating, said Birch had a 'long-standing and significant' Class-A drug habit.
He said she is now 18 weeks pregnant with her first child.
- 1 Aldi approved - but who will build pedestrian crossing?
- 2 New hope for Open building as talks over future revealed
- 3 Partner pays tribute to 'love of my life' after Thorpe stabbing
- 4 Prison staff should have performed CPR on paedophile teacher, report finds
- 5 Homes in Norwich and Thorpe St Andrew may have no water
- 6 Third time lucky? Couple's plea after dream wedding day cancelled again
- 7 £1.3m property for sale on one of most popular roads in Norwich
- 8 Tributes after death of the 100th Lord Mayor of Norwich
- 9 City road to be closed for three nights
- 10 Sold out start for Norwich's Junkyard Market ahead of expansion across UK
Judge Anthony Bate sentenced her to two years in prison, suspended for 18 months.
She must also undertake a six-month drug rehabilitation course.