Police warning after men claiming to be from water board burgle Norwich home
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2015
Police have urged residents to be vigilant after a person was told to test their water in a distraction burglary.
Two men, claiming to be from the water board, knocked at the victim's property in Parkland Crescent at 7.30am on Tuesday, October 9.
One man stayed outside while the other asked the victim to run a tap and keep their hand under it to test the water.
While the person was doing so, one of the men walked around the house, where it is believed he stole some items.
Anyone who may have seen any suspicious activity in the area or anyone with information should contact DC Cormac Harrison at Norwich CID on 101.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Can you rehome this Terrier who has spent nine years at animal sanctuary?
- 2 Centre takes action after IT failure causes long queues for Covid jab
- 3 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 4 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 5 Four fire crews called to car blaze in Norwich garage
- 6 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 7 Military begin coronavirus support at hospital
- 8 Fired twice in two months: Events boss feels the pain of Covid
- 9 Two people ordered to stay out of Norfolk after Norwich stabbing
- 10 Fresh snow falls as weather warning continues for Norfolk and Suffolk