Police rule out five new persons of interest in investigation into murder of teen 25 years ago
PUBLISHED: 09:38 28 January 2018 | UPDATED: 14:09 28 January 2018
Police investigating the murder of a Norfolk teenager more than 25 years ago have ruled out five new persons of interest.
Officers investigating the death of Natalie Pearman, 16, say that five men identified after a fresh appeal last year have now been ruled out as suspects, the BBC reports.
Natalie was found dead in a lay-by at Ringland, near Norwich, on November 20, 1992.
MORE: Five new people of interest identified in bid to solve 25-year-old murder of teenage girl in Norwich
Her body was found at 3.50am by a lorry driver on their way to work, and she was last seen alive at 1.15am on Rouen Road in the city centre.
Post-mortem tests found that Natalie, who had been working as a prostitute, had been suffocated and police said there were signs of sexual activity shortly before her death.
Detectives believe DNA from the scene could be crucial, and have said inquiries will continue.
The new appeal was launched in November, and the county’s chief constable Simon Bailey said he had been delighted with the response.