Police arrest man in Half Mile Road in Norwich for public order offences
- Credit: Archant
Police arrested a man in Half Mile Road in Norwich for public order offences on Thursday, October 26.
A police spokesperson said officers were called to the scene at 3.45pm and arrested the man.
The spokesperson said no one was injured.
Regarding reports that the man had been armed, the spokesperson said it was still unknown if the man had a weapon.
'Police are still investigating,' the spokesperson said.
You may also want to watch:
Police vehicles, ambulances and a fire truck were on the scene and officers had blocked the road at the Mile Cross and Aylsham Road junctions.
Residents were not allowed to cross the cordon while the operation was in progress.
- 1 'Second time this year' - Armed police called to Norwich street
- 2 Langleys toy shop building for rent for £45,000 a year
- 3 Men ran over roofs to flee police after Norwich cannabis factory raid
- 4 'Unacceptable': Council hits out at soiled clothing left in public toilets
- 5 CCTV shows man who used stolen bank card at three Norwich stores
- 6 Driver cut from vehicle after crash on Norwich ring road
- 7 Why Norwich must stop Debenhams becoming city centre black hole
- 8 'Someone will get hurt' - Frustration over pothole near Norwich surgery
- 9 Campaigners angry as park hedge cut down for tennis court scheme
- 10 Glass smashed and racist graffiti sprayed onto Norwich house
An ambulance, fire truck and police vehicle were seen leaving the area shortly after 7pm.