Police arrest man in Half Mile Road in Norwich for public order offences
- Credit: Archant
Police arrested a man in Half Mile Road in Norwich for public order offences on Thursday, October 26.
A police spokesperson said officers were called to the scene at 3.45pm and arrested the man.
The spokesperson said no one was injured.
Regarding reports that the man had been armed, the spokesperson said it was still unknown if the man had a weapon.
'Police are still investigating,' the spokesperson said.
You may also want to watch:
Police vehicles, ambulances and a fire truck were on the scene and officers had blocked the road at the Mile Cross and Aylsham Road junctions.
Residents were not allowed to cross the cordon while the operation was in progress.
- 1 Calls to stop major development in expanding village
- 2 Streets in Norwich close for car-free day
- 3 The roadworks you need to know about in Norwich this week
- 4 Bus routes affected by driver shortages in Norwich
- 5 Bookshop to close with clothing store set to move in
- 6 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 7 Impact of T-Rex trail revealed as sculptures leave city
- 8 Warning to others after mum breaks leg using park zip wire
- 9 New sculpture trail launched for park near Norwich
- 10 Police appeal for witnesses after pedestrian struck by car on A47
An ambulance, fire truck and police vehicle were seen leaving the area shortly after 7pm.