Police arrest man in Half Mile Road in Norwich for public order offences
- Credit: Archant
Police arrested a man in Half Mile Road in Norwich for public order offences on Thursday, October 26.
A police spokesperson said officers were called to the scene at 3.45pm and arrested the man.
The spokesperson said no one was injured.
Regarding reports that the man had been armed, the spokesperson said it was still unknown if the man had a weapon.
'Police are still investigating,' the spokesperson said.
Police vehicles, ambulances and a fire truck were on the scene and officers had blocked the road at the Mile Cross and Aylsham Road junctions.
Residents were not allowed to cross the cordon while the operation was in progress.
- 1 Walker furious as beauty spot 'ruined' by bush chopping
- 2 City schools to share one site as building returned to council
- 3 House of horrors: Is this the worst council property in Norwich?
- 4 Burger off! Petition launched to scrap new McDonald's plan
- 5 Tourist slapped with £100 parking fine for cash machine stop
- 6 Five of Norwich's best takeaways according to our readers
- 7 New beer and burrito bar opens in city centre
- 8 Petition supporting Western Link gains hundreds of signatures
- 9 Police on hand as anti-vaccine protesters gather in city
- 10 Mum describes heartache year on from daughter's tragic death
An ambulance, fire truck and police vehicle were seen leaving the area shortly after 7pm.