Police arrest man in Half Mile Road in Norwich for public order offences
- Credit: Archant
Police arrested a man in Half Mile Road in Norwich for public order offences on Thursday, October 26.
A police spokesperson said officers were called to the scene at 3.45pm and arrested the man.
The spokesperson said no one was injured.
Regarding reports that the man had been armed, the spokesperson said it was still unknown if the man had a weapon.
'Police are still investigating,' the spokesperson said.
Police vehicles, ambulances and a fire truck were on the scene and officers had blocked the road at the Mile Cross and Aylsham Road junctions.
Residents were not allowed to cross the cordon while the operation was in progress.
- 1 REVEALED: New leisure venue replacing Riverside Chinese
- 2 Roads closed as armed police and dog units swoop on Norwich home
- 3 Final warning for officer following clash between two women and cops
- 4 Huge chalet bungalow for sale near Norwich offers 'oasis' for £700k
- 5 Restaurant loses walk-in trade after months of roadworks
- 6 Three-vehicle crash closes part of A47 near Norwich
- 7 Norwich family heart-broken to find charity plants stolen
- 8 Teenager holding knife chases boy along city road
- 9 Woman in serious condition in hospital after crash between two cars and van
- 10 Revealed: All the city road closures for Run Norwich
An ambulance, fire truck and police vehicle were seen leaving the area shortly after 7pm.