Police cordon off area of Norwich city centre following reports of sexual assault
- Credit: Archant
Police have closed off an area in the Norwich city centre following a report of a sexual assault.
A Norfolk police spokesman said: 'Police have cordoned off an area in Tombland following a report at 6am that a woman had been sexually assaulted by a man.
'The woman is currently being supported by specially trained officers.'
Two police officers were seen stationed outside Prezzo restaurant in Tombland, which had been cordoned off with police tape.
A entrance to the building next door, which houses the Flying Classrooms School of English, had also been cordoned off.
You may also want to watch:
Across the road, two police vehicles including a forensic van were parked outside Tatlers restaurant.
Police said the two scenes were linked.
- 1 'An insult to the city': Couple ditch 'hellhole' hotel after 45 minutes
- 2 Elton John to kick off UK leg of farewell tour at Carrow Road
- 3 Former Norwich boxing champion banned from contacting ex-partner
- 4 Hundreds give amazing send-off to well-loved supermarket worker
- 5 What next for The Birdcage in Norwich?
- 6 Road cleared after overturned lorry on A47/A11 Thickthorn roundabout
- 7 Norwich bar named among 30 best cocktail spots in UK
- 8 Ex-head charged with sex attacks on boys at Norfolk school
- 9 'Second time this year' - Armed police called to Norwich street
- 10 Car collides with bus near petrol station on Dereham Road
'Enquiries are ongoing,' said the spokesman.