Police cordon off area of Norwich city centre following reports of sexual assault
- Credit: Archant
Police have closed off an area in the Norwich city centre following a report of a sexual assault.
A Norfolk police spokesman said: 'Police have cordoned off an area in Tombland following a report at 6am that a woman had been sexually assaulted by a man.
'The woman is currently being supported by specially trained officers.'
Two police officers were seen stationed outside Prezzo restaurant in Tombland, which had been cordoned off with police tape.
A entrance to the building next door, which houses the Flying Classrooms School of English, had also been cordoned off.
You may also want to watch:
Across the road, two police vehicles including a forensic van were parked outside Tatlers restaurant.
Police said the two scenes were linked.
- 1 Mayhem at some petrol pumps - but how are other city garages faring?
- 2 SOLD! Royal Arcade goes for £2m MORE than guide price
- 3 Monster rats 'the size of cats' invade city - and get in via the LOO
- 4 Mayhem across city as drivers race to the petrol pumps
- 5 Chaos on ‘free-for-all' city street after double yellows disappear
- 6 This is where you can park for free in Norwich
- 7 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 8 Norfolk to be hit by weekend bus cancellations due to driver shortage
- 9 New flights from Norwich Airport to Jersey
- 10 New café serves a hundred customers in two hours on opening day
'Enquiries are ongoing,' said the spokesman.