Probe into attack on woman in 80s by armed raiders is closed
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
An investigation into an attack in which a woman in her 80s was hit over the head with a metal object has been closed.
The victim was struck over the head by one of the raiders as she tried to grab his face covering following the raid at a property on West End Avenue, Brundall at 9.50pm on December 30.
Three suspects rang the doorbell before forcing their way in and rifling through belongings in the house.
The woman sustained cuts and swelling to the head, while another victim, a man who lives in the house, was threatened by one of the suspects before the raiders left the property.
They took jewellery and a phone.
A spokesman for Norfolk Police said: "All avenues have been exhausted and the investigation is closed pending any new lines of enquiry."
Anyone with fresh information on the aggravated burglary should contact Det Insp Tom Smith on 101, quoting crime reference number 36/91486/20.
- 1 Cannabis factory uncovered in former bar in Norwich's clubland
- 2 Team behind Norwich restaurants reopen closed hotel
- 3 Restaurant boss U-turn after row over trial shift pay
- 4 Norwich pub welcomes eight new street food vendors
- 5 Council to force landowners to sell so £1.3m roundabout can be built
- 6 Pedestrian crossing must be in before Aldi store is built, say officers
- 7 Pair led to safety after 'taking refuge' in fire-hit house
- 8 £1.3m property for sale on one of most popular roads in Norwich
- 9 Heron dies after being shot six times with air gun in Norwich
- 10 New plans lodged for Norwich hotel above Tesco