Man stabbed during fight involving number of men near Norwich
- Credit: Archant
A man was stabbed during a fight involving a number of people in Norwich.
Police were called to Springbank in Norwich last night (Thursday, February 20) following reports of a disturbance involving a number of men.
Officers arrived on scene to find a man with a stab wound to his leg.
The victim, aged in his early 20s, was taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University for treatment to his injury, described as minor.
He was discharged in the early hours of this morning.
You may also want to watch:
A police cordon remains in place today (Friday, February 21) in an area between Cavell Road and Springbank, Lakenham following the incident.
A spokesman for the East of England Ambulance Service Trust (EEAST) confirmed one person had been taken to hospital.
- 1 Mayhem at some petrol pumps - but how are other city garages faring?
- 2 SOLD! Royal Arcade goes for £2m MORE than guide price
- 3 Monster rats 'the size of cats' invade city - and get in via the LOO
- 4 Chaos on ‘free-for-all' city street after double yellows disappear
- 5 Mayhem across city as drivers race to the petrol pumps
- 6 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 7 Shoe outlet opens first city centre branch in former Carphone Warehouse
- 8 Golden Triangle pub goes up for sale for half a million
- 9 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 10 Norfolk to be hit by weekend bus cancellations due to driver shortage
The spokesman said: "We were called to an incident yesterday (February 20) shortly before 9pm in Lakenham.
"We sent an ambulance officer and one ambulance crew.
"One patient was treated for a single stab wound and transported to hospital for further treatment."
- Two men, aged in their 20s, were arrested at the scene on suspicion of obstructing police and later charged.
Torrelle Porter, 22, and Nik Adams, 27, both of Springbank, Lakenham, have been charged with obstructing police and have been released on bail to appear at Norwich Magistrates Court on Tuesday, April 14.