Man stabbed during fight involving number of men near Norwich
- Credit: Archant
A man was stabbed during a fight involving a number of people in Norwich.
Police were called to Springbank in Norwich last night (Thursday, February 20) following reports of a disturbance involving a number of men.
Officers arrived on scene to find a man with a stab wound to his leg.
The victim, aged in his early 20s, was taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University for treatment to his injury, described as minor.
He was discharged in the early hours of this morning.
You may also want to watch:
A police cordon remains in place today (Friday, February 21) in an area between Cavell Road and Springbank, Lakenham following the incident.
A spokesman for the East of England Ambulance Service Trust (EEAST) confirmed one person had been taken to hospital.
- 1 Buy a former 1950s police station for sale for £330,000
- 2 Greek chain looks set to take over former Giraffe restaurant
- 3 New pasta and cocktail bar to open in Norwich
- 4 Driver fined after leaving queue before entering Co-Op
- 5 Norwich restaurants and pubs reopening in April
- 6 When can I go to the beach? Lockdown travel questions answered
- 7 Mum sets up sideline selling jewellery made from breast milk
- 8 £153m Western Link road delayed a third time
- 9 Emma Thompson and Peaky Blinders actor to star in new film shot in Norwich
- 10 Cardiac arrest call sparks rescue operation near beauty spot
The spokesman said: "We were called to an incident yesterday (February 20) shortly before 9pm in Lakenham.
"We sent an ambulance officer and one ambulance crew.
"One patient was treated for a single stab wound and transported to hospital for further treatment."
- Two men, aged in their 20s, were arrested at the scene on suspicion of obstructing police and later charged.
Torrelle Porter, 22, and Nik Adams, 27, both of Springbank, Lakenham, have been charged with obstructing police and have been released on bail to appear at Norwich Magistrates Court on Tuesday, April 14.