Man stabbed during fight involving number of men near Norwich
- Credit: Archant
A man was stabbed during a fight involving a number of people in Norwich.
Police were called to Springbank in Norwich last night (Thursday, February 20) following reports of a disturbance involving a number of men.
Officers arrived on scene to find a man with a stab wound to his leg.
The victim, aged in his early 20s, was taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University for treatment to his injury, described as minor.
He was discharged in the early hours of this morning.
A police cordon remains in place today (Friday, February 21) in an area between Cavell Road and Springbank, Lakenham following the incident.
A spokesman for the East of England Ambulance Service Trust (EEAST) confirmed one person had been taken to hospital.
- 1 Greater Anglia application to demolish train station building thrown out
- 2 Doctors baffled by teenager's horrific long Covid symptoms
- 3 'How I made four million flipping council houses into luxury student digs'
- 4 Busy city Riverside roads to stay closed as transport hub works begin
- 5 Load of Bull! Anger as Red Bull ramps up threat against Norwich gin firm
- 6 It's going down! Demolition of car showroom begins to make way for homes
- 7 Store still cordoned off with police tape two months after break-in
- 8 Farmers' market near Norwich set to reopen for the new year
- 9 See inside this three-storey home with city views on sale for £370k
- 10 In pictures: The history and changing face of St Stephens
The spokesman said: "We were called to an incident yesterday (February 20) shortly before 9pm in Lakenham.
"We sent an ambulance officer and one ambulance crew.
"One patient was treated for a single stab wound and transported to hospital for further treatment."
- Two men, aged in their 20s, were arrested at the scene on suspicion of obstructing police and later charged.
Torrelle Porter, 22, and Nik Adams, 27, both of Springbank, Lakenham, have been charged with obstructing police and have been released on bail to appear at Norwich Magistrates Court on Tuesday, April 14.