Man stabbed during fight involving number of men near Norwich
- Credit: Archant
A man was stabbed during a fight involving a number of people in Norwich.
Police were called to Springbank in Norwich last night (Thursday, February 20) following reports of a disturbance involving a number of men.
Officers arrived on scene to find a man with a stab wound to his leg.
The victim, aged in his early 20s, was taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University for treatment to his injury, described as minor.
He was discharged in the early hours of this morning.
A police cordon remains in place today (Friday, February 21) in an area between Cavell Road and Springbank, Lakenham following the incident.
A spokesman for the East of England Ambulance Service Trust (EEAST) confirmed one person had been taken to hospital.
- 1 City teen gets celebrity backing for prom dress
- 2 City chip shop might be SINKING but refuses to close
- 3 Restaurant with 'interactive dining experience' to open in Norwich
- 4 Country pub announces closure due to rising costs
- 5 'We just want to hold our son' - Plea for help to bring miracle baby home
- 6 Class A drugs seized from three men in city woods
- 7 Pub closes for £5,000 refurb to enable it to serve drinks faster
- 8 Man, 67, arrested on suspicion of arson after city flat fire
- 9 Four restaurants in Norwich nominated for national awards
- 10 Plea to get 5ft mega bush axed from busy pavement
The spokesman said: "We were called to an incident yesterday (February 20) shortly before 9pm in Lakenham.
"We sent an ambulance officer and one ambulance crew.
"One patient was treated for a single stab wound and transported to hospital for further treatment."
- Two men, aged in their 20s, were arrested at the scene on suspicion of obstructing police and later charged.
Torrelle Porter, 22, and Nik Adams, 27, both of Springbank, Lakenham, have been charged with obstructing police and have been released on bail to appear at Norwich Magistrates Court on Tuesday, April 14.