Police called to fight in Tesco car park
- Credit: Archant © 2007
A car has been damaged after a fight broke out between two men in a supermarket car park.
Police officers were called to the Tesco Extra superstore on Blue Boar Lane, Sprowston, on the edge of Norwich, shortly after 1.30pm on Saturday, January 2.
Insp Gina Hopkinson, from Norfolk Police, said: "There was an allegation that two individuals had been fighting."
She added a car had been damaged as part of the argument and a 21-year-old local man was arrested for assault and criminal damage.
He was taken to Aylsham Police Investigation Centre by officers.
The large car park was not sealed off to customers and no paramedics or other emergency service workers were called to the fight.
- 1 Queues and tunes as life returns to city on Saturday after shops reopen
- 2 Man detained under mental health act after Norwich disturbance
- 3 Man charged with murder after fatal stabbing in Thorpe
- 4 City beer gardens heaving as lockdown eases and Norwich City promoted
- 5 NORWICH CITY ARE PROMOTED TO THE PREMIER LEAGUE
- 6 Two Norwich fish and chip shops named among top 50 in the country
- 7 Kill the Bill protestors take to Norwich streets
- 8 Probe into woman's death continues following suspected arson
- 9 Hunt for silver VW Golf after man seriously injured in hit-and-run
- 10 Norwich City fans gather at Carrow Road to celebrate promotion