Police called to fight in Tesco car park
- Credit: Archant © 2007
A car has been damaged after a fight broke out between two men in a supermarket car park.
Police officers were called to the Tesco Extra superstore on Blue Boar Lane, Sprowston, on the edge of Norwich, shortly after 1.30pm on Saturday, January 2.
Insp Gina Hopkinson, from Norfolk Police, said: "There was an allegation that two individuals had been fighting."
She added a car had been damaged as part of the argument and a 21-year-old local man was arrested for assault and criminal damage.
He was taken to Aylsham Police Investigation Centre by officers.
The large car park was not sealed off to customers and no paramedics or other emergency service workers were called to the fight.
- 1 Shocking CCTV shows carer abusing woman with dementia
- 2 Traffic shake-ups put forward for four roads in Norwich
- 3 Police still at scene of daylight knife attack
- 4 Hethersett student offered place at prestigious music school
- 5 Work under way to build new Lidl alongside NDR
- 6 Six people arrested after man in 50s was stabbed in Norwich
- 7 Office plan revealed for part of disused city pub
- 8 Fired twice in two months: Events boss feels the pain of Covid
- 9 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 10 Revealed: The areas where Covid cases are still increasing