Teenager arrested after stabbing on Norwich estate
- Credit: Dan Grimmer
A teenager has been arrested in connection with a stabbing in Norwich.
Police were called just after 9pm on Saturday, January 9 to a house in Chambers Road in the Mile Cross area following reports a man had been stabbed.
The incident saw a lengthy cordon put in place in the area while the police investigated, with neighbours seeing officers searching through nearby bushes with torches.
A man in his 20s was taken to hospital, where he remains.
Police said an 18-year-old man had been arrested in the Norwich area in connection with the incident, and had since been released on bail pending further enquiries.
The spokesman said: "At this stage we believe this to be an isolated incident, with no threat to the wider community.
"If any members of the public were in the area of Chambers Road/Bolingbroke Road at about 9pm on January 9 and saw an altercation, please contact the investigating officer DC Chris Beech at Bethel Street CID."
Information to police on 101.
- 1 All the major 2021 Norwich events scheduled to go ahead
- 2 Craig David announces 2021 outdoor concert in Norwich
- 3 Not so fast Thomas. Farke dismisses Brentford boss claims after 1-0 City win
- 4 Award-winning Norfolk school appoints new headteacher
- 5 Man grabbed by two people in attempted mugging
- 6 Road closure warning for £940,000 traffic shake-up in Norwich
- 7 Wetherspoon to reopen beer gardens and patios
- 8 ‘How could this happen?’ Daughter finds mum with fractures in support home
- 9 People urged to get Covid test twice a week
- 10 Missing cat found after more than three years - two miles from home