Police arrest five people after stopping a car in Norwich
- Credit: Archant
Police in Norwich have arrested five people on suspicion of being concerned in the supply of drugs after stopping a car on Aylsham Road.
The four men and one woman, who were all travelling in the same car where arrested when their vehicle was stopped by police on Monday evening.
All five were arrested on suspicion of being concerned in the supply of drugs while one person was also arrested for theft and the driver of the car tested positive for drugs.
Upon stopping the vehicle officers also found heroin, cannabis and a quantity of cash.
Following the stop Norwich Police tweeted: "#opmoonshotcity arrest 5 people (4 males,1 female) from 1 car; all for concerned in the supply. 1 additionally for theft. Cannabis and heroin found.
You may also want to watch:
"The car was travelling on Aylsham Road with a driver who also provided a positive drug wipe."
- 1 Up and coming Norwich musician reaches number 13 in UK charts
- 2 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 3 The secrets and scandals of a former Norwich hotel
- 4 Norwich Debenhams looks doomed as Boohoo to buy brand
- 5 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 6 Drink-driver caught on flyover after police spot 'worrying' driving
- 7 Shock as cannabis factory found in quiet Broads' village
- 8 Bus crashes into lorry in Norwich
- 9 Cycling trail among ideas for new country park
- 10 'We're all shocked' - Butchers shop attacked by vandals