Police arrest five people after stopping a car in Norwich
- Credit: Archant
Police in Norwich have arrested five people on suspicion of being concerned in the supply of drugs after stopping a car on Aylsham Road.
The four men and one woman, who were all travelling in the same car where arrested when their vehicle was stopped by police on Monday evening.
All five were arrested on suspicion of being concerned in the supply of drugs while one person was also arrested for theft and the driver of the car tested positive for drugs.
Upon stopping the vehicle officers also found heroin, cannabis and a quantity of cash.
Following the stop Norwich Police tweeted: "#opmoonshotcity arrest 5 people (4 males,1 female) from 1 car; all for concerned in the supply. 1 additionally for theft. Cannabis and heroin found.
You may also want to watch:
"The car was travelling on Aylsham Road with a driver who also provided a positive drug wipe."
- 1 How Norwich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 2 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 3 'Eyesore' bus won't be removed despite neighbours' pleas
- 4 'Such a shame': Social media scammer targets Norwich pub
- 5 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 6 'Lives are at risk'-Patients' concerns over surgery appointment struggles
- 7 Tenant's despair as council fixes his windows by screwing them shut
- 8 One of Norwich's most photographed homes is up for sale
- 9 'Significant' amount of cash and electronics stolen from city home
- 10 All of Norwich's Christmas opening hours