Police arrest five people after stopping a car in Norwich
- Credit: Archant
Police in Norwich have arrested five people on suspicion of being concerned in the supply of drugs after stopping a car on Aylsham Road.
The four men and one woman, who were all travelling in the same car where arrested when their vehicle was stopped by police on Monday evening.
All five were arrested on suspicion of being concerned in the supply of drugs while one person was also arrested for theft and the driver of the car tested positive for drugs.
Upon stopping the vehicle officers also found heroin, cannabis and a quantity of cash.
Following the stop Norwich Police tweeted: "#opmoonshotcity arrest 5 people (4 males,1 female) from 1 car; all for concerned in the supply. 1 additionally for theft. Cannabis and heroin found.
You may also want to watch:
"The car was travelling on Aylsham Road with a driver who also provided a positive drug wipe."
- 1 Former City skipper a frontrunner for Swansea job
- 2 Body of man in 20s found at nature reserve near Norwich
- 3 Norfolk hit by thunderstorms and heavy hail
- 4 Neighbours' shock as man's body found in flat weeks after he died
- 5 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 6 Large estate to have its first food store this autumn
- 7 New 20mph speed cameras to tackle NDR rat-runners
- 8 'Is this a wind up?' - Artist's shock as Delia buys 101 of his paintings
- 9 Shocked couple told statue used as doorstop could be worth £1m
- 10 Plans to remove crossing in £440k works branded 'crazy' by councillors