Police hunt for wanted Norwich man behind prolific shoplifting spree
- Credit: Norfolk Constabulary
Police are appealing for help to trace a man wanted in the Norwich area.
Gary Jakeman, 31, of William Kett Close, is wanted on recall to prison for breaching the terms of his licence.
Mr Jakeman has had previous convictions for theft and carried out a spree of offending across the city during the coronavirus pandemic, including two thefts from vehicles and a fraud offence.
Between July 25 and November 16 last year he committed 11 shoplifting offences, with the total value of items stolen around £2,167.
Mr Jakeman also committed three shoplifting offences and a theft from vehicle between August 28 and September 28, 2020.
Mr Jakeman was sentenced to a total of 15 months in prison On February 18.
He is described as white, 5ft 11 tall, with short brown hair and beard.
Anyone who may have seen him, or knows of his whereabouts, should contact Norfolk Police on 101.
- 1 Tudor Stores reopens as manager resigns over safety fears
- 2 Caravan catches fire in Norwich
- 3 Armed police called to reports of man with knife
- 4 'It's very bad'-Trade decline frustration at stores as roadworks take place
- 5 How Norwich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 6 Norwich mum and daughter duo shed 12st
- 7 Key route into city closes for a week for safety improvement work
- 8 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 9 Five people spiked at three Norwich venues over the weekend
- 10 Family pays tribute to man killed after collision with double-decker bus
Alternatively contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.