Police appeal for witnesses to attack on New Year’s Day in King Street, Norwich
This is a CCTV image showing the scene where three men attacked a young man on King Street in the early hours of New Year's Day.
The victim was attacked some time between 12.45am and 1.13am.
Three men kicked and punched him several times before head-butting him in the face.
The attack happened after the young man left the Waterfront nightclub on King Street following a night out with friends.
CCTV images show an argument occurred as the three men and a woman walked towards the victim, who did not know his attackers.
You may also want to watch:
The police have appealed for help in tracing the three people circled in red in the above image.
They are all white: one was wearing an unbuttoned red shirt with a dark-coloured top underneath and dark-coloured trousers.
- 1 Calls to stop major development in expanding village
- 2 Streets in Norwich close for car-free day
- 3 The roadworks you need to know about in Norwich this week
- 4 Impact of T-Rex trail revealed as sculptures leave city
- 5 'A very easy Brexit win' - Traders have say on imperial measures change
- 6 Man arrested after assaulting three police officers outside Popworld
- 7 Warning to others after mum breaks leg using park zip wire
- 8 Bus routes affected by driver shortages in Norwich
- 9 New sculpture trail launched for park near Norwich
- 10 What 45,000 new homes will mean for our city
The second man is of similar height and was wearing a white top, grey-blue coloured trousers and white shoes or trainers.
The third man is taller than the first two and was wearing a light coloured shirt and tie and light-coloured trousers.
Police are appealing for witnesses to the attack, which is being treated as malicious wounding.
Any witnesses or anyone with information about the attack should contact PC Steve Payne at Norwich City Centre Safer Neighbourhood Team on 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.