Police appeal for witnesses to attack on New Year’s Day in King Street, Norwich
This is a CCTV image showing the scene where three men attacked a young man on King Street in the early hours of New Year's Day.
The victim was attacked some time between 12.45am and 1.13am.
Three men kicked and punched him several times before head-butting him in the face.
The attack happened after the young man left the Waterfront nightclub on King Street following a night out with friends.
CCTV images show an argument occurred as the three men and a woman walked towards the victim, who did not know his attackers.
The police have appealed for help in tracing the three people circled in red in the above image.
They are all white: one was wearing an unbuttoned red shirt with a dark-coloured top underneath and dark-coloured trousers.
- 1 WATCH: Taxi driver throws punch as narrow street causes aggro
- 2 Roads closed as armed police and dog units swoop on Norwich home
- 3 Cannabis factory discovered in Norwich home after police raid
- 4 Sign of the times: After 187 years jeweller Winsor Bishop changes name
- 5 City garden centre launches street food nights with popular vendors
- 6 Most desirable places to live in Norwich according to estate agents
- 7 WATCH: Shock for drivers as car goes the wrong way on A47
- 8 Cabbies could protest over lost £400 a month
- 9 'Disgusting!' Woman's fury over Simply Red toilets and access
- 10 Dodgy door halts city man's house move by MONTHS
The second man is of similar height and was wearing a white top, grey-blue coloured trousers and white shoes or trainers.
The third man is taller than the first two and was wearing a light coloured shirt and tie and light-coloured trousers.
Police are appealing for witnesses to the attack, which is being treated as malicious wounding.
Any witnesses or anyone with information about the attack should contact PC Steve Payne at Norwich City Centre Safer Neighbourhood Team on 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.