At least 20 vehicles damaged in Taverham crime spree
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for witnesses after a number of cars were damaged in Taverham over the weekend.
The damage is believed to have been done overnight between Friday, January 11 and Saturday, January 12.
Officers have had 19 reports of cars being damaged in various streets, including Kingswood Avenue, The Drove, Broadgate, Peakwell Close and The Cains.
Some of the reports police received included four cars being scratched in the The Drove, two cars in Broadgate were damaged and one car in Peakwell Close was also damaged.
Sergeant Angie Youd said: 'We know at least 20 vehicles have been damaged and the Local Policing Neighbourhood Team is currently in the process of establishing exactly how many are involved as we continue to receive reports.
You may also want to watch:
'Officers will be making contact with those affected over the next couple of days to either take details or provide a crime reference number to those who have already made a report to police. We would ask those affected to please be patient with us whilst we carry out this work.
'I would urge anyone with information – or anyone who may have CCTV of the areas targeted – to contact police.
- 1 Reaction to plans for new Norwich Block entertainment venue
- 2 Excitement as city pub reopens after 18-month closure
- 3 New 170-place school likely to get go-ahead
- 4 Woman hit with £900 vet bill after dog gets 'stoned' on park cannabis stash
- 5 Nut allergy fears spark battle for 'landmark' walnut tree
- 6 Tributes pour in for 'much loved lady' after body found
- 7 Costa Coffee to close Norwich high street cafe
- 8 Man charged with attempted murder after serious Norwich assault
- 9 Pupils demand cycle lane as NDR sends 1200 cars their way during rush hour
- 10 Landlord pays tenants £980 following battle with 'extreme mould and damp'
'We will be providing extra patrols over the coming days to provide reassurance to the local community and anyone with concerns are encouraged to speak to them.'
Anyone with information should contact the Local Policing Team at Taverham Police Station on 101.
Alternatively contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.