Norwich woman in court for attacking love rival
A woman attacked her love rival after she found out they were seeing the same man, a court heard.
Rebecca Barnes, 26, of Motum Road, on the Larkman estate, Norwich, punched Cali Woodcock and kicked her twice to the body during the attack, which left the victim with swelling to her eyebrow, a cut lip and loose teeth. Her eyebrow ring was also pulled out, Norwich Crown Court heard yesterday.
In an impact statement, the court heard that the attack has left Ms Wooodcock nervous and needing medication. She has also been referred for counselling.
Barnes admitted causing actual bodily harm to Ms Woodcock and was given six months' supervision and a six-month community order.
Sentencing her, Recorder Stuart Bridge said: 'You and Ms Woodcock were both romantically involved with the same gentleman.'
He said that when the two women met Barnes had attacked Ms Woodcock, causing 'not insignificant' injuries.
Andrew Oliver, for Barnes, said it was a love triangle.
- 1 TUI flight to Tenerife cancelled as it was on the tarmac
- 2 New Tesco store opens in city centre
- 3 Emergency services called to person in water on Prince of Wales Road
- 4 Norwich pub selling out on Sundays with new head chef's roast dinners
- 5 Motorcylist in 50s in hospital with serious injuries after tyre shop crash
- 6 Traffic builds around Earlham Park as gates open for Let's Rock
- 7 Parents 'terrified' after THIRD run-in with cars driving on pavement
- 8 Mystery over who needs to cut overgrown hedge amid safety fears
- 9 Can you help trace this Norwich man's next of kin?
- 10 Sweet Briar Road has now reopened
He said the attack was not premeditated.
'Ms Barnes did not intend to cause injury,' added Mr Oliver.