Norwich woman in court for attacking love rival
A woman attacked her love rival after she found out they were seeing the same man, a court heard.
Rebecca Barnes, 26, of Motum Road, on the Larkman estate, Norwich, punched Cali Woodcock and kicked her twice to the body during the attack, which left the victim with swelling to her eyebrow, a cut lip and loose teeth. Her eyebrow ring was also pulled out, Norwich Crown Court heard yesterday.
In an impact statement, the court heard that the attack has left Ms Wooodcock nervous and needing medication. She has also been referred for counselling.
Barnes admitted causing actual bodily harm to Ms Woodcock and was given six months' supervision and a six-month community order.
Sentencing her, Recorder Stuart Bridge said: 'You and Ms Woodcock were both romantically involved with the same gentleman.'
You may also want to watch:
He said that when the two women met Barnes had attacked Ms Woodcock, causing 'not insignificant' injuries.
Andrew Oliver, for Barnes, said it was a love triangle.
- 1 Man detained under mental health act after Norwich disturbance
- 2 Queues and tunes as life returns to city on Saturday after shops reopen
- 3 Two Norwich fish and chip shops named among top 50 in the country
- 4 NORWICH CITY ARE PROMOTED TO THE PREMIER LEAGUE
- 5 Jubilant scenes as pub punters enjoy first city Friday night back
- 6 Man charged with murder after fatal stabbing in Thorpe
- 7 City beer gardens heaving as lockdown eases and Norwich City promoted
- 8 Kill the Bill protestors take to Norwich streets
- 9 Probe into woman's death continues following suspected arson
- 10 Police quiz man over murder and three attempted murders
He said the attack was not premeditated.
'Ms Barnes did not intend to cause injury,' added Mr Oliver.