Norwich woman in court for attacking love rival
A woman attacked her love rival after she found out they were seeing the same man, a court heard.
Rebecca Barnes, 26, of Motum Road, on the Larkman estate, Norwich, punched Cali Woodcock and kicked her twice to the body during the attack, which left the victim with swelling to her eyebrow, a cut lip and loose teeth. Her eyebrow ring was also pulled out, Norwich Crown Court heard yesterday.
In an impact statement, the court heard that the attack has left Ms Wooodcock nervous and needing medication. She has also been referred for counselling.
Barnes admitted causing actual bodily harm to Ms Woodcock and was given six months' supervision and a six-month community order.
Sentencing her, Recorder Stuart Bridge said: 'You and Ms Woodcock were both romantically involved with the same gentleman.'
You may also want to watch:
He said that when the two women met Barnes had attacked Ms Woodcock, causing 'not insignificant' injuries.
Andrew Oliver, for Barnes, said it was a love triangle.
- 1 City ready for Cantwell and Aarons end game
- 2 'They're blaming me' - Social housing tenant angry over state of flat
- 3 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 4 Pupils will start September term in different school over safety fears
- 5 More storms ahead as flood warnings remain in place
- 6 'A great guy' - Tributes to much-loved City fan who travelled home and away
- 7 Where are the best rooftop bars in Norwich?
- 8 Hunt for man in connection with drug dealing
- 9 More than a dozen arrests in Norwich on Saturday night
- 10 Perfect plaices? Three fish and chip firms go up for sale
He said the attack was not premeditated.
'Ms Barnes did not intend to cause injury,' added Mr Oliver.