Norwich woman in court for attacking love rival
A woman attacked her love rival after she found out they were seeing the same man, a court heard.
Rebecca Barnes, 26, of Motum Road, on the Larkman estate, Norwich, punched Cali Woodcock and kicked her twice to the body during the attack, which left the victim with swelling to her eyebrow, a cut lip and loose teeth. Her eyebrow ring was also pulled out, Norwich Crown Court heard yesterday.
In an impact statement, the court heard that the attack has left Ms Wooodcock nervous and needing medication. She has also been referred for counselling.
Barnes admitted causing actual bodily harm to Ms Woodcock and was given six months' supervision and a six-month community order.
Sentencing her, Recorder Stuart Bridge said: 'You and Ms Woodcock were both romantically involved with the same gentleman.'
You may also want to watch:
He said that when the two women met Barnes had attacked Ms Woodcock, causing 'not insignificant' injuries.
Andrew Oliver, for Barnes, said it was a love triangle.
- 1 How Norwich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 2 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 3 'Such a shame': Social media scammer targets Norwich pub
- 4 'Eyesore' bus won't be removed despite neighbours' pleas
- 5 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 6 'Lives are at risk'-Patients' concerns over surgery appointment struggles
- 7 Tenant's despair as council fixes his windows by screwing them shut
- 8 One of Norwich's most photographed homes is up for sale
- 9 'Significant' amount of cash and electronics stolen from city home
- 10 All of Norwich's Christmas opening hours
He said the attack was not premeditated.
'Ms Barnes did not intend to cause injury,' added Mr Oliver.