Norwich woman in court for attacking love rival
A woman attacked her love rival after she found out they were seeing the same man, a court heard.
Rebecca Barnes, 26, of Motum Road, on the Larkman estate, Norwich, punched Cali Woodcock and kicked her twice to the body during the attack, which left the victim with swelling to her eyebrow, a cut lip and loose teeth. Her eyebrow ring was also pulled out, Norwich Crown Court heard yesterday.
In an impact statement, the court heard that the attack has left Ms Wooodcock nervous and needing medication. She has also been referred for counselling.
Barnes admitted causing actual bodily harm to Ms Woodcock and was given six months' supervision and a six-month community order.
Sentencing her, Recorder Stuart Bridge said: 'You and Ms Woodcock were both romantically involved with the same gentleman.'
You may also want to watch:
He said that when the two women met Barnes had attacked Ms Woodcock, causing 'not insignificant' injuries.
Andrew Oliver, for Barnes, said it was a love triangle.
- 1 'An insult to the city': Couple ditch 'hellhole' hotel after 45 minutes
- 2 Hundreds give amazing send-off to well-loved supermarket worker
- 3 Former Norwich boxing champion banned from contacting ex-partner
- 4 What next for The Birdcage in Norwich?
- 5 Road cleared after overturned lorry on A47/A11 Thickthorn roundabout
- 6 Elton John to kick off UK leg of farewell tour at Carrow Road
- 7 Norwich bar named among 30 best cocktail spots in UK
- 8 Car collides with bus near petrol station on Dereham Road
- 9 Historic railway platform building could be demolished in station revamp
- 10 Neighbours of award-winning council estate blighted by rubbish and rats
He said the attack was not premeditated.
'Ms Barnes did not intend to cause injury,' added Mr Oliver.