Investigation ongoing into report of rape at Norwich park
- Credit: Archant Â© 2004
Police are continue to investigate the alleged rape of a woman in a Norwich park.
Officers tracked down a cyclist thought to have been in Wensum Park, off Drayton Road, Norwich at the time of the incident which is said to have happened at abut 10.30am on March 6 this year.
It is understood the cyclist spoke to both the complainant and the suspect, who police have confirmed are known to each other.
A Norfolk Police spokesman said investigations were "still ongoing".
A 20-year-old man arrested in connection with the incident has been released under investigation while enquiries continue.
Anyone with information should contact DC Ellie Myhill at Norwich CID on 101 quoting crime reference 36/14485/21.
- 1 Chaos on ‘free-for-all' city street after double yellows disappear
- 2 Shoe outlet opens first city centre branch in former Carphone Warehouse
- 3 Monster rats 'the size of cats' invade city - and get in via the LOO
- 4 Golden Triangle pub goes up for sale for half a million
- 5 Mayhem at some petrol pumps - but how are other city garages faring?
- 6 Pensioner can't leave home because of 'obstacle course' outside
- 7 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 8 Mayhem across city as drivers race to the petrol pumps
- 9 SOLD! Royal Arcade goes for £2m MORE than guide price
- 10 'Amazing' teen denied urgent mental health referral weeks before death