Probe closed into fight outside pub where man suffered fractured skull
- Credit: Simon Finlay
No further action will be taken after a man suffered a fractured skull following a fight outside a Norwich pub.
Police were called to the Fiveways pub on Gipsy Lane following reports of a fight involving several people.
A man who was knocked unconscious during the incident, which happened at about 10.30pm on July 31, sustained a suspected hairline fracture to his skull and was taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital.
Two people, an 18-year-old man and a 14-year-old boy, were later arrested on suspicion of affray and taken to Wymondham Police Investigation Centre for questioning before being released on bail.
A Norfolk Police spokesman said: "No further action will be taken against two people arrested on suspicion of affray following an incident outside the Fiveways pub in Norwich on July 31.
"Numerous enquiries have been carried out however, due to insufficient evidence, the investigation has been closed."
- 1 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 2 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 3 Cyclist punched in the face during unprovoked attack turned away by GP
- 4 Four more roads in Norwich to close for resurfacing work
- 5 Calls for lines to be repainted at 'free-for-all' city roundabout
- 6 Norwich man crowned Britain's Best Young Chef
- 7 Community in shock as murder investigation launched
- 8 New Norwich shisha bar one of the best and cheapest spots for Turkish food
- 9 Veterans plan alternative Remembrance Service after council's is cancelled
- 10 'Forced into the road': Safety fears over pavement parking