Police issue warning after car found full of stolen fuel
- Credit: Archant
Police have issued a warning after three men were arrested for a number of offences including fuel theft.
Norwich Police attempted to stop a car near Dereham Road on Tuesday, January 8 at about 11am. Upon failing to stop, police were able to pull the car over in Whistlefish Court after a short pursuit.
The vehicle was found to have cloned plates and when police searched it they found plastic containers with fuel that is believed to have been stolen.
The trio, in their late 20s, attempted to flee but were arrested for failing to stop, theft of fuel, cloning of a vehicle and going equipped.
The vehicle was seized as it was also uninsured.
You may also want to watch:
On Twitter Norfolk Police wrote: 'An eventful start to the shift for #OpMoonshotCity after a fail to stop and decamp.
'All three were soon detained with exceptional efforts from #Team2 and the #RCRT! Occupants arrested for fail to stop, theft of fuel, cloned vehicle and going equipped.'
- 1 Woman taken to hospital after police incident in Norwich
- 2 Man, 47, in court on murder charge after Thorpe stabbing
- 3 Eager shoppers queue for opening of 20-year-old's vintage clothing shop
- 4 Influencer loses one-of-a-kind wedding ring at coast
- 5 Long-suffering A11 drivers to benefit as 50-year-old road replaced
- 6 Pet carer service's appeal to survive after Covid and faulty van struggles
- 7 Meat factory for sale for £1.2million earmarked for homes
- 8 Police and air ambulance called to major incident near Norwich
- 9 Story behind this famous photo of when Norwich went electric in 1957
- 10 £1.3m property for sale on one of most popular roads in Norwich
Police do not know where the fuel was taken from.