Police issue warning after car found full of stolen fuel
- Credit: Archant
Police have issued a warning after three men were arrested for a number of offences including fuel theft.
Norwich Police attempted to stop a car near Dereham Road on Tuesday, January 8 at about 11am. Upon failing to stop, police were able to pull the car over in Whistlefish Court after a short pursuit.
The vehicle was found to have cloned plates and when police searched it they found plastic containers with fuel that is believed to have been stolen.
The trio, in their late 20s, attempted to flee but were arrested for failing to stop, theft of fuel, cloning of a vehicle and going equipped.
The vehicle was seized as it was also uninsured.
You may also want to watch:
On Twitter Norfolk Police wrote: 'An eventful start to the shift for #OpMoonshotCity after a fail to stop and decamp.
'All three were soon detained with exceptional efforts from #Team2 and the #RCRT! Occupants arrested for fail to stop, theft of fuel, cloned vehicle and going equipped.'
- 1 City ready for Cantwell and Aarons end game
- 2 'They're blaming me' - Social housing tenant angry over state of flat
- 3 More storms ahead as flood warnings remain in place
- 4 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 5 Pupils will start September term in different school over safety fears
- 6 Police and SOS Bus see busy night as clubbing returns to city
- 7 Where are the best rooftop bars in Norwich?
- 8 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 9 Hunt for man in connection with drug dealing
- 10 More than a dozen arrests in Norwich on Saturday night
Police do not know where the fuel was taken from.