Police issue warning after car found full of stolen fuel
- Credit: Archant
Police have issued a warning after three men were arrested for a number of offences including fuel theft.
Norwich Police attempted to stop a car near Dereham Road on Tuesday, January 8 at about 11am. Upon failing to stop, police were able to pull the car over in Whistlefish Court after a short pursuit.
The vehicle was found to have cloned plates and when police searched it they found plastic containers with fuel that is believed to have been stolen.
The trio, in their late 20s, attempted to flee but were arrested for failing to stop, theft of fuel, cloning of a vehicle and going equipped.
The vehicle was seized as it was also uninsured.
You may also want to watch:
On Twitter Norfolk Police wrote: 'An eventful start to the shift for #OpMoonshotCity after a fail to stop and decamp.
'All three were soon detained with exceptional efforts from #Team2 and the #RCRT! Occupants arrested for fail to stop, theft of fuel, cloned vehicle and going equipped.'
- 1 'Our lives are being destroyed': Neighbours' despair over noisy students
- 2 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 3 'The final straw' - Bakery fears closure over council plans
- 4 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
- 5 Diversions in place on A47 near Norwich due to flooding
- 6 Norwich man wanted by police
- 7 See inside this quirky bungalow for sale near Norwich railway station
- 8 'Dream come true': Norwich restaurant wins national award
- 9 Mum's pleas to move house denied despite GP's concerns over wellbeing
- 10 Norwich man convicted of murder boasts of mutilating 'up to 30' cats
Police do not know where the fuel was taken from.