150 cannabis plants discovered in Norwich home
- Credit: Twitter/Norwich Police
150 cannabis plants have been seized by police following a raid at a Norwich property on Colman Road.
Police investigated the property yesterday (Wednesday 25) after concerns were raised by a member of the public about the activity that was happening at the Colman Road address.
Officers were let inside the property by the householder, where they discovered the plants growing in the living room and three bedrooms upstairs.
A man at the address was arrested and taken to Wymondham Police Investigation Centre for questioning and was later charged.
Luan Meam, 42, of Bowness in Wellingborough, Northamptonshire, has been charged with producing cannabis and abstracting electricity.
He was remanded in custody and will appear via video link before Norwich Magistrates Court today (Thursday 26).
Norwich South/West Safer Neighbourhood team were conducting a series of warrants and address checks yesterday when the arrest took place.
- 1 Greater Anglia application to demolish train station building thrown out
- 2 Doctors baffled by teenager's horrific long Covid symptoms
- 3 'How I made four million flipping council houses into luxury student digs'
- 4 Busy city Riverside roads to stay closed as transport hub works begin
- 5 Load of Bull! Anger as Red Bull ramps up threat against Norwich gin firm
- 6 It's going down! Demolition of car showroom begins to make way for homes
- 7 Store still cordoned off with police tape two months after break-in
- 8 Farmers' market near Norwich set to reopen for the new year
- 9 See inside this three-storey home with city views on sale for £370k
- 10 In pictures: The history and changing face of St Stephens