150 cannabis plants discovered in Norwich home
- Credit: Twitter/Norwich Police
150 cannabis plants have been seized by police following a raid at a Norwich property on Colman Road.
Police investigated the property yesterday (Wednesday 25) after concerns were raised by a member of the public about the activity that was happening at the Colman Road address.
Officers were let inside the property by the householder, where they discovered the plants growing in the living room and three bedrooms upstairs.
A man at the address was arrested and taken to Wymondham Police Investigation Centre for questioning and was later charged.
Luan Meam, 42, of Bowness in Wellingborough, Northamptonshire, has been charged with producing cannabis and abstracting electricity.
He was remanded in custody and will appear via video link before Norwich Magistrates Court today (Thursday 26).
Norwich South/West Safer Neighbourhood team were conducting a series of warrants and address checks yesterday when the arrest took place.
- 1 Mayhem at some petrol pumps - but how are other city garages faring?
- 2 SOLD! Royal Arcade goes for £2m MORE than guide price
- 3 Monster rats 'the size of cats' invade city - and get in via the LOO
- 4 Chaos on ‘free-for-all' city street after double yellows disappear
- 5 Mayhem across city as drivers race to the petrol pumps
- 6 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 7 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 8 Norfolk to be hit by weekend bus cancellations due to driver shortage
- 9 Siblings slam council for 'backtracking' on council flat
- 10 New café serves a hundred customers in two hours on opening day