Police pursuit ends in crash and drone hunt
- Credit: Archant
A police pursuit though Norwich ended in a crash and a drone search after one of the occupants of the vehicle fled the scene.
Officers attempted to stop a blue BMW that had been seen acting suspiciously on Dereham Road at about 11.30am, on Saturday, January 5.
The car failed to stop resulting in a pursuit around the Earlham estate.
The driver lost control of the vehicle and crashed into a parked car on Beverly Road after around five minutes.
An 18-year-old male was arrested for driving otherwise in accordance of a licence, dangerous driving and failing to stop for police.
Another occupant fled the scene with officers calling in a drone unit to support the hunt.
Police are appealing for information and witnesses to contact 101 with the reference 05012019-128.
- 1 WATCH: Moment hero doorman tackles knifeman during Norwich triple stabbing
- 2 Arrests after woman held hostage in home containing drugs and samurai sword
- 3 City centre steak restaurant to DOUBLE in size thanks to move
- 4 Arena plans expected to bring windfall to city
- 5 Ultra modern city home with underground shelter for sale for £550,000
- 6 Woman arrested after man hit with a broom in city centre
- 7 Norwich independent school named one of best in East Anglia
- 8 Norfolk car dealership and MOT centre named among best in the country
- 9 Dad says 16,000 lights display is 'worth it' despite it costing thousands
- 10 Queues at walk-in centre amid jab confusion