Police pursuit ends in crash and drone hunt
- Credit: Archant
A police pursuit though Norwich ended in a crash and a drone search after one of the occupants of the vehicle fled the scene.
Officers attempted to stop a blue BMW that had been seen acting suspiciously on Dereham Road at about 11.30am, on Saturday, January 5.
The car failed to stop resulting in a pursuit around the Earlham estate.
The driver lost control of the vehicle and crashed into a parked car on Beverly Road after around five minutes.
An 18-year-old male was arrested for driving otherwise in accordance of a licence, dangerous driving and failing to stop for police.
You may also want to watch:
Another occupant fled the scene with officers calling in a drone unit to support the hunt.
Police are appealing for information and witnesses to contact 101 with the reference 05012019-128.
- 1 Woman taken to hospital after police incident in Norwich
- 2 Influencer loses one-of-a-kind wedding ring at coast
- 3 Man, 47, in court on murder charge after Thorpe stabbing
- 4 Eager shoppers queue for opening of 20-year-old's vintage clothing shop
- 5 Long-suffering A11 drivers to benefit as 50-year-old road replaced
- 6 Meat factory for sale for £1.2million earmarked for homes
- 7 Pet carer service's appeal to survive after Covid and faulty van struggles
- 8 £1.3m property for sale on one of most popular roads in Norwich
- 9 Police and air ambulance called to major incident near Norwich
- 10 'Good riddance' - Norwich fans react to European Super League plans