Police pursuit ends in crash and drone hunt
- Credit: Archant
A police pursuit though Norwich ended in a crash and a drone search after one of the occupants of the vehicle fled the scene.
Officers attempted to stop a blue BMW that had been seen acting suspiciously on Dereham Road at about 11.30am, on Saturday, January 5.
The car failed to stop resulting in a pursuit around the Earlham estate.
The driver lost control of the vehicle and crashed into a parked car on Beverly Road after around five minutes.
An 18-year-old male was arrested for driving otherwise in accordance of a licence, dangerous driving and failing to stop for police.
You may also want to watch:
Another occupant fled the scene with officers calling in a drone unit to support the hunt.
Police are appealing for information and witnesses to contact 101 with the reference 05012019-128.
- 1 Revealed: Siblings' bodies were found after father's death
- 2 Drip, drip, hooray! City's bottled water crisis solved
- 3 No-frills Norwich pub offers top-notch food and every dish is under £8
- 4 Sales rep who died at nature reserve named at inquest
- 5 Widow threatened with debt collectors after funeral director’s bill blunder
- 6 Why is it so difficult to buy bottled water?
- 7 Man steals £250 guitar from charity shop
- 8 Locals split as 'terrifying' 60-year-old chestnut tree is felled
- 9 Comedian Rufus Hound on the hunt for hotel in Norwich
- 10 Norwich man goes on trial accused of murder of man in Northampton