Police pursuit ends in crash and drone hunt
- Credit: Archant
A police pursuit though Norwich ended in a crash and a drone search after one of the occupants of the vehicle fled the scene.
Officers attempted to stop a blue BMW that had been seen acting suspiciously on Dereham Road at about 11.30am, on Saturday, January 5.
The car failed to stop resulting in a pursuit around the Earlham estate.
The driver lost control of the vehicle and crashed into a parked car on Beverly Road after around five minutes.
An 18-year-old male was arrested for driving otherwise in accordance of a licence, dangerous driving and failing to stop for police.
You may also want to watch:
Another occupant fled the scene with officers calling in a drone unit to support the hunt.
Police are appealing for information and witnesses to contact 101 with the reference 05012019-128.
- 1 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 2 'Accidents waiting to happen' - Mum vows not to give up 20mph fight
- 3 Up and coming Norwich musician reaches number 13 in UK charts
- 4 Hopes raised former pub could become community hub
- 5 Giant Victorian underground reservoir marks supplying city for 150 years
- 6 Before and after: How has Norwich changed over the years?
- 7 'We're all shocked' - Butchers shop attacked by vandals
- 8 Former village pub for sale as home
- 9 Shock as cannabis factory found in quiet Broads' village
- 10 Cycling trail among ideas for new country park