Driver in custody after testing positive for Class A drug
- Credit: Archant
The driver of a car seen driving erratically in Norwich is in custody this morning after testing positive for a Class A drug.
Police officers in Norwich spotted and stopped the car in the early hours of Sunday morning.
After carrying out a drug test the driver tested positive for Cannabis and Cocaine and was taken into custody.
On Twitter officers tweeted: 'Vehicle seen driving erratically by #Sgt1646 #TeamOne... @DrugWipeUK conducted by #PC1733 and #PC479 of @NSRAPT, positive for Cannabis and Cocaine... search by #PC853 of @NSPoliceDogs. One in custody. #Fatal4'
The incident comes another in the city on Saturday, where officers arrested the driver of a Lexus after they tested positive for drugs.
You may also want to watch:
They were also driving without insurance.
- 1 'Our lives are being destroyed': Neighbours' despair over noisy students
- 2 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 3 'The final straw' - Bakery fears closure over council plans
- 4 Norwich named UK's most romantic destination
- 5 City staff facing 'mass burnout' but what is behind the extreme exhaustion?
- 6 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
- 7 Petrol attack shopkeeper opens spice shop and restaurant in former pub
- 8 Fresh plans for rooftop bar on St Stephens
- 9 Women to boycott city nightclubs amid rise in drink spiking
- 10 Changes in gambling habits see city bookies shutting up shop