Three men arrested after sexual assault in Chapelfield Gardens
- Credit: Archant
Part of a Norwich park has been sealed off and three men arrested as police investigate an allegation a woman was sexually assaulted.
A section of Chapelfield Gardens, near the Chapel Field East entrance, was cordoned off with blue and white police tape this morning (Wednesday, September 4).
Norfolk police confirmed they were investigating an allegation of sexual assault in the park, which was reported to have taken place just before 11pm on Tuesday night.
They said three men had been arrested as detectives investigate what happened.
A Norfolk police forensic investigator was at the scene earlier today, along with two police officers.
You may also want to watch:
A white sheet and traffic cones are within the area which has been cordoned off.
Detective Inspector Chris Burgess from Norwich CID, appealed for anyone who saw what happened or any suspicious activity to get in touch with police.
- 1 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 2 In photos: Norwich transformed but deserted in lockdown snowfall
- 3 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 4 Jailed in Norfolk: Burglars, domestic abuse and threats to kill
- 5 Drag Race star kicks off BBC show stint with Norwich City theme
- 6 Pizza and Yorkshire pudding wrap takeaway opening in Norwich
- 7 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 8 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 9 'Village would be worse without it' - Owner on plans for 17th century pub
- 10 Staff lose jobs at retailer Outfit with plans to close permanently
Anyone who can help should contact Norwich CID on 101, quoting crime number 36/61962/19.
Alternatively people can contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.