Three men arrested after sexual assault in Chapelfield Gardens
- Credit: Archant
Part of a Norwich park has been sealed off and three men arrested as police investigate an allegation a woman was sexually assaulted.
A section of Chapelfield Gardens, near the Chapel Field East entrance, was cordoned off with blue and white police tape this morning (Wednesday, September 4).
Norfolk police confirmed they were investigating an allegation of sexual assault in the park, which was reported to have taken place just before 11pm on Tuesday night.
They said three men had been arrested as detectives investigate what happened.
A Norfolk police forensic investigator was at the scene earlier today, along with two police officers.
You may also want to watch:
A white sheet and traffic cones are within the area which has been cordoned off.
Detective Inspector Chris Burgess from Norwich CID, appealed for anyone who saw what happened or any suspicious activity to get in touch with police.
- 1 Ex-Canaries striker seals Championship move
- 2 Ghosts of business past: Empty shop units for rent for £100,000
- 3 Revealed: New Anglia Square talks take place
- 4 Revealed: How much to rent former high street store
- 5 New bid to limit city centre offices being turned into flats
- 6 New hotel could 'destroy character of Norwich Lanes'
- 7 Big screen unveiled in pub garden for England's Auld Enemy clash
- 8 'Dull as dishwater' - Fans in Norwich pub react to draw
- 9 Community shock after teenager knocked unconscious as robbers steal trainers
- 10 'Happy, carefree' memories of Samson and Hercules flood in
Anyone who can help should contact Norwich CID on 101, quoting crime number 36/61962/19.
Alternatively people can contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.