Norwich man in court over more than 84,000 indecent images
- Credit: Archant
A Norwich man has appeared in court accused of taking more than 84,000 indecent images of children.
Marc Bender, 45, has been charged with three offences of taking indecent photographs of children, namely 604 category A images, which are said to be the most serious, 83,003 category C images and 571 category B images.
Those offences are said to have happened between January 2004 and September 2019.
Bender, who gave his address as Morley Street, Norwich, has also been charged with possessing an indecent image of a child, between January and September 2019, possessing an extreme pornographic image between May 2017 and September 2019 and possessing a paedophile manual on September 21 2021.
He appeared at Norwich Magistrates' Court on Tuesday (October 19) when he spoke only to confirm his details and indicate not guilty pleas.
The case was formally sent to Norwich Crown Court on November 16 by district judge Shanta Deonarine who said the magistrates' powers were insufficient to deal with the case.
Samantha Crockett appeared for the prosecution and Simon Nicholls for Bender.
- 1 City centre steak restaurant to DOUBLE in size thanks to move
- 2 Road closed after BMW comes off the road in Mousehold Heath
- 3 Norwich cycle shop closes after 125 years in business
- 4 How clothing boss got Norwich hooked on luxury
- 5 WATCH: Moment hero doorman tackles knifeman during Norwich triple stabbing
- 6 Arrests after woman held hostage in home containing drugs and samurai sword
- 7 Fry Up Inspector reveals his favourite places for a roast dinner in Norwich
- 8 Arena plans expected to bring windfall to city
- 9 'Never too old': Barber who joined industry at 29 named best in region
- 10 Norfolk car dealership and MOT centre named among best in the country