Norwich man flushes girlfriend’s belongings down the toilet
A man broke a window and flushed his girlfriend's hair straighteners and perfume down the toilet in a jealous rage, a court heard yesterday.
Michael Wells, 41, of Philadelphia Lane, Mile Cross, Norwich, pleaded guilty at Norwich Magistrates' Court to a charge of criminal damage.
The court heard how he had broken a window of a council flat during a row with his girlfriend.
During the hearing, Wells, who was not represented, said: 'I know I react badly to bad news which is what I received that night.
'If I was not drunk it wouldn't have happened. I would like help and have looked into drug and alcohol treatment.'
You may also want to watch:
Wells's case was adjourned for a probation report. He will appear at court on February 15.
- 1 Bid to turn Norwich pub into health clinic
- 2 9 of the best farm shops in Norfolk
- 3 Expansion will see 250 extra places at oversubscribed school
- 4 Date set for High Court showdown over £271m Anglia Square plans
- 5 Fresh questions over 'Japanese restaurant' in Norwich home
- 6 Boost for outdoor drinking and dining when Covid restrictions ease
- 7 Family's horror after learning mother was buried in wrong grave
- 8 New owners of hairdressers plan to buy out 10 salons in six months
- 9 The Norwich pub quiz: do you know your locals?
- 10 9 big movies filmed in Norfolk - and why there could be more