Norwich man flushes girlfriend’s belongings down the toilet
A man broke a window and flushed his girlfriend's hair straighteners and perfume down the toilet in a jealous rage, a court heard yesterday.
Michael Wells, 41, of Philadelphia Lane, Mile Cross, Norwich, pleaded guilty at Norwich Magistrates' Court to a charge of criminal damage.
The court heard how he had broken a window of a council flat during a row with his girlfriend.
During the hearing, Wells, who was not represented, said: 'I know I react badly to bad news which is what I received that night.
'If I was not drunk it wouldn't have happened. I would like help and have looked into drug and alcohol treatment.'
You may also want to watch:
Wells's case was adjourned for a probation report. He will appear at court on February 15.
- 1 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 2 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 3 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
- 4 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 5 Community in shock as murder investigation launched
- 6 Four more roads in Norwich to close for resurfacing work
- 7 Cyclist punched in the face during unprovoked attack turned away by GP
- 8 Suburb's shock after mugging attempt leaves teen laying on path
- 9 Norwich man crowned Britain's Best Young Chef
- 10 Calls for lines to be repainted at 'free-for-all' city roundabout