Norwich man flushes girlfriend’s belongings down the toilet
A man broke a window and flushed his girlfriend's hair straighteners and perfume down the toilet in a jealous rage, a court heard yesterday.
Michael Wells, 41, of Philadelphia Lane, Mile Cross, Norwich, pleaded guilty at Norwich Magistrates' Court to a charge of criminal damage.
The court heard how he had broken a window of a council flat during a row with his girlfriend.
During the hearing, Wells, who was not represented, said: 'I know I react badly to bad news which is what I received that night.
'If I was not drunk it wouldn't have happened. I would like help and have looked into drug and alcohol treatment.'
You may also want to watch:
Wells's case was adjourned for a probation report. He will appear at court on February 15.
- 1 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 2 'They're blaming me' - Social housing tenant angry over state of flat
- 3 Pupils will start September term in different school over safety fears
- 4 City ready for Cantwell and Aarons end game
- 5 Major £800,000 revamp proposed for busy city road
- 6 'A great guy' - Tributes to much-loved City fan who travelled home and away
- 7 Affordable, high quality retro furniture store coming to city
- 8 Police called to troublespot Norwich hotel 324 times in two years
- 9 Perfect plaices? Three fish and chip firms go up for sale
- 10 More than a dozen arrests in Norwich on Saturday night