Norwich man accused of crashing car after not sleeping for three days
- Credit: Archant
A man who crashed his car in Norwich after having had no sleep for three days failed to appear in court after being charged with driving without due care and attention.
Sam Nolan, 33, has been accused of driving a Nissan X-Trail vehicle on Guardian Road, Norwich, before he blacked out and crashed into a van which was pushed into another vehicle.
The charge states the incident happened after Nolan, of Sleaford Green, Norwich, had not slept for three days and had taken various medications which caused him to black out on October 16 last year.
He has also been charged with using a motor vehicle without third party insurance.
Nolan was due to appear at Norwich Magistrates Court on Monday (July 22) but he failed to appear.
You may also want to watch:
The case was adjourned to a date to be fixed.
- 1 Boss puts Queen Anne family home up for sale for £1.325m
- 2 Norwich takeaway's food poisoning complaint investigation closed
- 3 Farke makes a pact with City squad
- 4 EFL announce revised schedule to avoid Prince Philip funeral clash
- 5 Tenants battled 'extreme mould' for months
- 6 Childhood friends unite to launch barbershop together
- 7 Woman cut from car after crash on A11
- 8 New Turkish takeaway which cooks over coals shows how kebabs should be done
- 9 Pub relying on British public's resolve ahead of reopening outside space
- 10 Tributes paid to popular Avenue Middle School head who taught thousands of Norwich children