Norwich man accused of crashing car after not sleeping for three days
- Credit: Archant
A man who crashed his car in Norwich after having had no sleep for three days failed to appear in court after being charged with driving without due care and attention.
Sam Nolan, 33, has been accused of driving a Nissan X-Trail vehicle on Guardian Road, Norwich, before he blacked out and crashed into a van which was pushed into another vehicle.
The charge states the incident happened after Nolan, of Sleaford Green, Norwich, had not slept for three days and had taken various medications which caused him to black out on October 16 last year.
He has also been charged with using a motor vehicle without third party insurance.
Nolan was due to appear at Norwich Magistrates Court on Monday (July 22) but he failed to appear.
You may also want to watch:
The case was adjourned to a date to be fixed.
- 1 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 2 Hopes raised former pub could become community hub
- 3 Former village pub for sale as home
- 4 Before and after: How has Norwich changed over the years?
- 5 Extent of Norwich Prison Covid outbreak revealed
- 6 Up and coming Norwich musician reaches number 13 in UK charts
- 7 Opposition grows over charges to park in Norwich parks
- 8 'Accidents waiting to happen' - Mum vows not to give up 20mph fight
- 9 Giant Victorian underground reservoir marks supplying city for 150 years
- 10 'We're all shocked' - Butchers shop attacked by vandals