Norwich man accused of crashing car after not sleeping for three days
- Credit: Archant
A man who crashed his car in Norwich after having had no sleep for three days failed to appear in court after being charged with driving without due care and attention.
Sam Nolan, 33, has been accused of driving a Nissan X-Trail vehicle on Guardian Road, Norwich, before he blacked out and crashed into a van which was pushed into another vehicle.
The charge states the incident happened after Nolan, of Sleaford Green, Norwich, had not slept for three days and had taken various medications which caused him to black out on October 16 last year.
He has also been charged with using a motor vehicle without third party insurance.
Nolan was due to appear at Norwich Magistrates Court on Monday (July 22) but he failed to appear.
You may also want to watch:
The case was adjourned to a date to be fixed.
- 1 Famous Norwich firm locked in legal battle with Red Bull
- 2 New BBQ takeaway set to open in Norwich
- 3 'We do everything correctly': Norwich takeaway handed one star hygiene rating
- 4 To cross or not to cross? Pledge to trim back danger hedge at blind corner
- 5 'Sneaky and selfish' changes to bus route slammed
- 6 Inconvenience store: Family business blighted by roadworks
- 7 Former teacher who abused young boys handed 25-year sentence
- 8 Bus services to be cancelled and changed amid driver shortage
- 9 'We will come back stronger': Norwich restaurant to close for rebranding
- 10 Bars, restaurants and shops - Five new openings in Norwich this September