Norwich man accused of crashing car after not sleeping for three days
- Credit: Archant
A man who crashed his car in Norwich after having had no sleep for three days failed to appear in court after being charged with driving without due care and attention.
Sam Nolan, 33, has been accused of driving a Nissan X-Trail vehicle on Guardian Road, Norwich, before he blacked out and crashed into a van which was pushed into another vehicle.
The charge states the incident happened after Nolan, of Sleaford Green, Norwich, had not slept for three days and had taken various medications which caused him to black out on October 16 last year.
He has also been charged with using a motor vehicle without third party insurance.
Nolan was due to appear at Norwich Magistrates Court on Monday (July 22) but he failed to appear.
You may also want to watch:
The case was adjourned to a date to be fixed.
- 1 Ex-Canaries striker seals Championship move
- 2 Ghosts of business past: Empty shop units for rent for £100,000
- 3 Revealed: New Anglia Square talks take place
- 4 Revealed: How much to rent former high street store
- 5 New bid to limit city centre offices being turned into flats
- 6 New hotel could 'destroy character of Norwich Lanes'
- 7 Big screen unveiled in pub garden for England's Auld Enemy clash
- 8 'Dull as dishwater' - Fans in Norwich pub react to draw
- 9 Community shock after teenager knocked unconscious as robbers steal trainers
- 10 Have you visited any of these 'haunted' ruins in Norwich?