Norwich man accused of crashing car after not sleeping for three days
- Credit: Archant
A man who crashed his car in Norwich after having had no sleep for three days failed to appear in court after being charged with driving without due care and attention.
Sam Nolan, 33, has been accused of driving a Nissan X-Trail vehicle on Guardian Road, Norwich, before he blacked out and crashed into a van which was pushed into another vehicle.
The charge states the incident happened after Nolan, of Sleaford Green, Norwich, had not slept for three days and had taken various medications which caused him to black out on October 16 last year.
He has also been charged with using a motor vehicle without third party insurance.
Nolan was due to appear at Norwich Magistrates Court on Monday (July 22) but he failed to appear.
The case was adjourned to a date to be fixed.
- 1 'I can't lose!' City fan places 150/1 bet on Canaries dismal scoring record
- 2 Seven Sprowston neighbours scoop £30,000 lottery win
- 3 Greater Anglia application to demolish train station thrown out
- 4 Asteroid bigger than any building on Earth to be visible in Norfolk skies
- 5 WATCH: Inside abandoned static caravan left to rot in city suburb
- 6 Revealed: All the places you can fly to from Norwich Airport this year
- 7 Should cars be banned from Norwich's steepest hill?
- 8 Superhero City fan vows 'months of abuse' will not stop him
- 9 Could ANOTHER McDonald's be coming to Norwich?
- 10 Clinic shuts after more than 40 years with £60k losses due to Covid