Norwich gin bar vandalised weeks after opening
- Credit: Archant
Gin Temple in Norwich's Pottergate has had its T stolen.
You can't have a G&T without the T, but unfortunately Gin Temple owner Teresa Gizzi has found herself missing the crucial letter from her bar sign.
Mrs Gizzi noticed that the T in her light up Gin Temple sign was missing yesterday, after returning from a gin cruise on the Norfolk Broads.
She said at first she thought one of the girls who was working at the bar had taken it down to change the batteries.
However, after receiving a message from a Facebook user who claimed to have seen the light up letter in a bin nearby, she now believes it was stolen.
You may also want to watch:
'I bought the letters for the sign when I first created the business', said Mrs Gizzi, 'It was a reasonable but effective way of creating a sign.
'That said, each letter still cost £30 and the sign is completely ruined now. It's not the money so much as it is the principle of someone having come into our bar and take it and the fact that they didn't even take it home, they just put it in a bin.'
- 1 The Norwich pub quiz: do you know your locals?
- 2 Fresh questions over 'Japanese restaurant' in Norwich home
- 3 9 of the best farm shops in Norfolk
- 4 New owners of hairdressers plan to buy out 10 salons in six months
- 5 Legal charity to move into part of disused city pub
- 6 Woman tried to smuggle drugs into jail in trousers
- 7 Contact tracers report pair to police for ignoring self-isolation
- 8 ITV Anglia News presenter Jonathan Wills leaving after 13 years
- 9 Which Norfolk Wetherspoons pubs are reopening from April 12?
- 10 ‘We miss the hustle and bustle’ - Norwich shoppers long for lockdown end
Mrs Gizzi said she is frustrated by the theft and that she hopes to find a suitable replacement as soon as possible.
She said: 'If anyone has a spare T knocking around and they'd like to try it out and see if it looks like it suits the sign then come down to the bar. If it does the job we'd be happy to sort you out with a free cocktail.'