Norwich drug dealer given custody
A 20 year-old man who was found with crack cocaine and heroin with a street value of about £800 has been given three years in a young offender's institution.
Ryan Dawson was found with the drugs when police searched his Norwich home at West End Street, a court heard.
Andrew Oliver, prosecuting at Norwich Crown Court, said that as well as finding the drugs, officers also seized a set of scales and cash.
Dawson admitted possession of the drugs with intent to supply.
Michael Clare, for Dawson, said he was a low level street dealer.
You may also want to watch:
'He was doing the bidding of someone else.'
'He was 19 at the time of this offence and he is not criminally sophisticated.'
- 1 Reaction to plans for new Norwich Block entertainment venue
- 2 Man charged with attempted murder after serious Norwich assault
- 3 New 170-place school likely to get go-ahead
- 4 Costa Coffee to close Norwich high street cafe
- 5 Excitement as city pub reopens after 18-month closure
- 6 Nut allergy fears spark battle for 'landmark' walnut tree
- 7 Tributes pour in for 'much loved lady' after body found
- 8 Pupils demand cycle lane as NDR sends 1200 cars their way during rush hour
- 9 ‘Burglars will think twice’ - Police hand out security kits to 4,000 homes
- 10 Mural replaces empty unit hoardings on 'sad' looking street
He said that Dawson lacked the ability to think through the consequences of his actions.