Norwich drug dealer given custody
A 20 year-old man who was found with crack cocaine and heroin with a street value of about £800 has been given three years in a young offender's institution.
Ryan Dawson was found with the drugs when police searched his Norwich home at West End Street, a court heard.
Andrew Oliver, prosecuting at Norwich Crown Court, said that as well as finding the drugs, officers also seized a set of scales and cash.
Dawson admitted possession of the drugs with intent to supply.
Michael Clare, for Dawson, said he was a low level street dealer.
You may also want to watch:
'He was doing the bidding of someone else.'
'He was 19 at the time of this offence and he is not criminally sophisticated.'
- 1 Road to close for three nights for £100,000 work
- 2 Builder wants zero affordable homes in development – after promising 13
- 3 Student and partner woke to see burglar at end of bed
- 4 Road closed after police incident in Norwich
- 5 Big Issue seller on how lockdown pushed him closer to homelessness
- 6 N&N staff first in UK to use pioneering Covid saliva tests
- 7 Road closures as police dealt with concerns over people's safety
- 8 Drama as police plane circles villages for missing person
- 9 Comedy in the Park and Britannia Pier shows among confirmed 2021 events
- 10 Emma Thompson and Peaky Blinders actor to star in new film shot in Norwich
He said that Dawson lacked the ability to think through the consequences of his actions.