Norwich drug dealer given custody
A 20 year-old man who was found with crack cocaine and heroin with a street value of about £800 has been given three years in a young offender's institution.
Ryan Dawson was found with the drugs when police searched his Norwich home at West End Street, a court heard.
Andrew Oliver, prosecuting at Norwich Crown Court, said that as well as finding the drugs, officers also seized a set of scales and cash.
Dawson admitted possession of the drugs with intent to supply.
Michael Clare, for Dawson, said he was a low level street dealer.
'He was doing the bidding of someone else.'
'He was 19 at the time of this offence and he is not criminally sophisticated.'
- 1 City pub 'full of life again' after busy opening weekend
- 2 Quaint 'tucked away' house is for sale for the first time in almost 30 years
- 3 Vandals smash charity dinosaur trail T.rex and leave kebab in its mouth
- 4 Mystery over how grotty sofa ended up on garage roof
- 5 Teen slapped with six points on licence - but she can't even drive
- 6 Hidden city garden opening with live music and plant sale
- 7 See inside this £1.15m Bridgerton-style city centre period property
- 8 Norfolk cheese restaurant is launching bottomless brunch this summer
- 9 Can you spot yourself in these photos of Norwich Lanes Summer Fayre 2022?
- 10 Glimpses of Norwich week 25: a picture a day from a week in our fine city
He said that Dawson lacked the ability to think through the consequences of his actions.