Norwich driver sped at 110mph during police chase, court hears
- Credit: Archant
A driver who led police on a 17-minute chase was caught travelling at 110mph, a court heard.
Adam Aldous, 40, of Sheffield Road in Wymondham, was sentenced for dangerous driving on Friday, September 3 at Norwich Crown Court.
The court heard how Aldous, who had a passenger with him in a company BMW car on November 18, 2020, was initially stopped by officers for having no lights on at 2.13am.
The stop then turned into a 17-minute pursuit after Aldous fled the scene.
Aldous, who had no previous convictions, pleaded guilty.
Police video showed Aldous exceeding speed limits on roads including Norwich Road and Honeycombe Road, and exceeding 110mph.
The court heard Aldous' mental health had deteriorated during the pandemic.
- 1 Customers in shock as parking charges rack up at retail park
- 2 Neighbourhood bemused after garage turned into barber shop
- 3 Fire destroys roof of Norwich home
- 4 Protest planned as anger grows against 725 homes plan
- 5 Arrest after man found with large quantity of cannabis and lock knife
- 6 House of horrors: Is this the worst council property in Norwich?
- 7 Neighbours saw homeowner using hosepipe to fight flames of school building
- 8 Five of Norwich's best takeaways according to our readers
- 9 Former City defender Klose training with Championship club
- 10 New beer and burrito bar opens in city centre
Aldous expressed remorse for his behaviour, for putting the passenger at risk and for the officers who were pursuing him.
He was sentenced to 12 months imprisonment, suspended for 21 months.
Aldous was also disqualified from driving for 18 months, and a curfew of six months from 9pm to 7am was put in place.