Norwich driver sped at 110mph during police chase, court hears
- Credit: Archant
A driver who led police on a 17-minute chase was caught travelling at 110mph, a court heard.
Adam Aldous, 40, of Sheffield Road in Wymondham, was sentenced for dangerous driving on Friday, September 3 at Norwich Crown Court.
The court heard how Aldous, who had a passenger with him in a company BMW car on November 18, 2020, was initially stopped by officers for having no lights on at 2.13am.
The stop then turned into a 17-minute pursuit after Aldous fled the scene.
Aldous, who had no previous convictions, pleaded guilty.
Police video showed Aldous exceeding speed limits on roads including Norwich Road and Honeycombe Road, and exceeding 110mph.
The court heard Aldous' mental health had deteriorated during the pandemic.
- 1 Famous Norwich firm locked in legal battle with Red Bull
- 2 Norwich firm fined £1m over explosion which killed much-loved father
- 3 'Sneaky and selfish' changes to bus route slammed
- 4 Inconvenience store: Family business blighted by roadworks
- 5 Man appears in court over Thorpe St Andrew murder
- 6 New BBQ takeaway set to open in Norwich
- 7 Bars, restaurants and shops - Five new openings in Norwich this September
- 8 Eyesore tags or street art? Artists on graffiti 'tagging' trend
- 9 Britain's poshest train returning to Norwich for Christmas lunch
- 10 'No amount of money will be enough': Explosion widow on £1m chemical fine
Aldous expressed remorse for his behaviour, for putting the passenger at risk and for the officers who were pursuing him.
He was sentenced to 12 months imprisonment, suspended for 21 months.
Aldous was also disqualified from driving for 18 months, and a curfew of six months from 9pm to 7am was put in place.