'Second time this year' - Armed police called to Norwich street
Daniel Moxon and Sarah Hussain
- Credit: Weather Wildlife & Scenery Photography
A man was arrested as armed police were spotted on a Norwich estate.
An eye-witness said police cars arrived in Bowers Avenue in Mile Cross at around 9.30am on Tuesday.
A number of units, including a police dog and several officers with firearms, were pictured close to a block of flats.
Norfolk Fire and Rescue said crews from Earlham and Sprowston were called to the scene, but they were stood down before arrival.
James Long said he saw at least five police cars on the scene.
He said: "It's the second time this year that something like this has happened. It never used to be like this around here."
He added he saw one man being placed under arrest.
The previous incident he referred to happened in the early hours of New Years' Day, when officers were called to Bowers Avenue following a "concern for safety".
- 1 How Norwich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 2 'Such a shame': Social media scammer targets Norwich pub
- 3 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 4 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 5 'Lives are at risk'-Patients' concerns over surgery appointment struggles
- 6 'Eyesore' bus won't be removed despite neighbours' pleas
- 7 Tenant's despair as council fixes his windows by screwing them shut
- 8 All of Norwich's Christmas opening hours
- 9 'Significant' amount of cash and electronics stolen from city home
- 10 One of Norwich's most photographed homes is up for sale
This is a breaking news story. Be sure the check back on the website for further updates as they come in.
Join our Norfolk Breaking News Facebook group to be the first to see breaking news stories in the county.
Join our Norfolk Crime Watch Facebook group for all the latest crime news.