'Second time this year' - Armed police called to Norwich street
Daniel Moxon and Sarah Hussain
- Credit: Weather Wildlife & Scenery Photography
A man was arrested as armed police were spotted on a Norwich estate.
An eye-witness said police cars arrived in Bowers Avenue in Mile Cross at around 9.30am on Tuesday.
A number of units, including a police dog and several officers with firearms, were pictured close to a block of flats.
Norfolk Fire and Rescue said crews from Earlham and Sprowston were called to the scene, but they were stood down before arrival.
James Long said he saw at least five police cars on the scene.
He said: "It's the second time this year that something like this has happened. It never used to be like this around here."
He added he saw one man being placed under arrest.
The previous incident he referred to happened in the early hours of New Years' Day, when officers were called to Bowers Avenue following a "concern for safety".
- 1 TUI flight to Tenerife cancelled as it was on the tarmac
- 2 New Tesco store opens in city centre
- 3 Emergency services called to person in water on Prince of Wales Road
- 4 Norwich pub selling out on Sundays with new head chef's roast dinners
- 5 Parents 'terrified' after THIRD run-in with cars driving on pavement
- 6 Motorcylist in 50s in hospital with serious injuries after tyre shop crash
- 7 Traffic builds around Earlham Park as gates open for Let's Rock
- 8 Can you help trace this Norwich man's next of kin?
- 9 Mystery over who needs to cut overgrown hedge amid safety fears
- 10 Sweet Briar Road has now reopened
This is a breaking news story. Be sure the check back on the website for further updates as they come in.
Join our Norfolk Breaking News Facebook group to be the first to see breaking news stories in the county.
Join our Norfolk Crime Watch Facebook group for all the latest crime news.