Man caught with cocaine, heroin and £28,000 ‘has coronavirus’
- Credit: Archant
A Norwich man is to be sentenced after he admitted possessing class A drugs with intent to supply.
Yanick Mungu, 24, was charged with possessing heroin and cocaine with intent to supply on February 29 2020 as well as possessing criminal property, namely £28,000 in cash, on the same date.
Mungu, of Ber Street, Norwich, appeared at Norwich Crown Court via videolink from Norwich Prison on Monday (April 6) when he pleaded guilty to the offences.
Judge Anthony Bate conducted proceedings in a virtual court over Skype with Richard Paterson, prosecuting, and Jonathan Goodman, representing Mungu, also appearing over Skype.
Mr Goodman, who said his client was thought to have been suffering from the effects of coronavirus, asked the case be adjourned for a pre-sentence report.
You may also want to watch:
Sentencing was adjourned until June 10.
- 1 All the major 2021 Norwich events scheduled to go ahead
- 2 Award-winning Norfolk school appoints new headteacher
- 3 Not so fast Thomas. Farke dismisses Brentford boss claims after 1-0 City win
- 4 Road closure warning for £940,000 traffic shake-up in Norwich
- 5 Craig David announces 2021 outdoor concert in Norwich
- 6 Teenager jailed for sexual offences in Norwich
- 7 No recent virus cases in more than a quarter of Norfolk and Waveney
- 8 Mum tells how condition has made son, 10, throw himself down stairs
- 9 'Size doesn't matter': Three pals get go-ahead for city micropub
- 10 Norwich City fan recovering after 52-day Covid hospital battle