Man caught with cocaine, heroin and £28,000 ‘has coronavirus’
- Credit: Archant
A Norwich man is to be sentenced after he admitted possessing class A drugs with intent to supply.
Yanick Mungu, 24, was charged with possessing heroin and cocaine with intent to supply on February 29 2020 as well as possessing criminal property, namely £28,000 in cash, on the same date.
Mungu, of Ber Street, Norwich, appeared at Norwich Crown Court via videolink from Norwich Prison on Monday (April 6) when he pleaded guilty to the offences.
Judge Anthony Bate conducted proceedings in a virtual court over Skype with Richard Paterson, prosecuting, and Jonathan Goodman, representing Mungu, also appearing over Skype.
Mr Goodman, who said his client was thought to have been suffering from the effects of coronavirus, asked the case be adjourned for a pre-sentence report.
You may also want to watch:
Sentencing was adjourned until June 10.
- 1 Cyclist punched in the face during unprovoked attack turned away by GP
- 2 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 3 Calls for lines to be repainted at 'free-for-all' city roundabout
- 4 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 5 Four more roads in Norwich to close for resurfacing work
- 6 Norwich mum and daughter duo shed 12st
- 7 Teenage stabbing was 'rival gang revenge’ for YouTube videos
- 8 New Norwich shisha bar one of the best and cheapest spots for Turkish food
- 9 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 10 'We promise to leave you alone': Unusual new policy for shop