Norwich cleaning company boosts anti-graffiti campaign
A campaign to rid Norwich of graffiti is being supported by a cleaning firm which specialises in removing tags from flint and brickwork in the historic city.
The Evening News launched its Graffitibusters campaign in a bid to try to combat the growing number of illegal graffiti tags which are blighting this fine city.
The campaign, which is being supported by Norwich police, Central Norwich Citizens' Forum, Norwich City Council and the Norwich City Centre Partnership, has urged people to donate money, paint or time to help keep the streets clean.
Volunteers have helped clean up the city by attending regular graffiti paint-out sessions, like the one at Chapelfield underpass last Wednesday, but teams have not been able to remove all tags.
Some graffiti, particularly in historic parts of the city, requires specialist equipment to remove meaning it had to be left – until Hannants Cleaning offered their services. The Dereham Road-based cleaning company contacted the City Centre Safer Neighborhood Team about assisting and have been helping clean up the city on Sundays.
Julian Foster, chairman of the City Centre Safer Neighbourhood Action Panel, said: 'Hannants has already started work to clear graffiti from old flint walls and brickwork and have proved to be most effective.'
To find out more about the campaign visit www.eveningnews24.co.uk and click on campaigns.
- 1 Single mum resorts to sleeping in her car due to 'unlivable' flat
- 2 Michael McIntyre and Robert Rinder spotted at Carrow Road
- 3 Norwich man charged with kidnap after posing as a taxi driver
- 4 Team behind Golden Triangle pub take on Edith Cavell in Norwich
- 5 Your chance to meet The Bill star who has moved to Norfolk
- 6 Major changes coming to the sale of domestic fuels
- 7 Party in the Park coming to Norwich with global food, stalls and music
- 8 Eleventh McDonald's drive-thru could be set for Norwich
- 9 Riverside pub undergoes £80k refurb in time for summer
- 10 Bread Source confirms location of new store