Norwich City striker Chris Martin’s assault case adjourned
A Norwich City striker charged with assault has seen his case adjourned for the second time.
Chris Martin denied assaulting Tony Hawthorne in Morley St Peter, near Wymondham, on August 29 when he appeared at Swaffham Magistrates' Court today.
Wearing a smart suit, the 21-year-old footballer, from Beccles in Suffolk, spoke only to enter a plea and give personal details.
He was given conditional bail and the hearing was adjourned until Tuesday, October 19, when a trial date is expected to be fixed.
A previous hearing at the court, not attended by Martin, was adjourned on September 14.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Shocking CCTV shows carer abusing woman with dementia
- 2 Six people arrested after man in 50s was stabbed in Norwich
- 3 Hethersett student offered place at prestigious music school
- 4 Work under way to build new Lidl alongside NDR
- 5 Office plan revealed for part of disused city pub
- 6 Police still at scene of daylight knife attack
- 7 Man seriously injured after crash
- 8 Fears planning shake-up will threaten Norwich city centre
- 9 Traffic shake-ups put forward for four roads in Norwich
- 10 New 66-bed care home with cinema planned near NDR