Man arrested for drug driving in stolen car after city police chase
- Credit: Archant
A man has been arrested on suspicion of seven different offences after being caught by police while behind the wheel of a stolen car and under the influence of drugs.
Officers from the Norfolk and Suffolk Roads and Armed Policing Team (NSRAPT) attempted to pull over the man driving a grey Ford Kuga late on Saturday, March 28.
The man failed to stop for police, but was taken into custody when later caught in the city.
On top of the arrest for failure to stop, the man was also detained on suspicion of drug driving, dangerous driving, possession of cannabis, possession of a bladed article and resisting arrest.
The Ford was also discovered to be stolen, taking the number of suspected offences made by the man to seven.
Earlier on Saturday, NSRAPT officers stopped a black Vauxhall Corsa in Rackheath to enquire why those in the car were out during a time when people should only be making essential journeys.
It was discovered that the driver didn’t have a licence, and so the car was seized.
- 1 Greater Anglia application to demolish train station building thrown out
- 2 Doctors baffled by teenager's horrific long Covid symptoms
- 3 'How I made four million flipping council houses into luxury student digs'
- 4 Busy city Riverside roads to stay closed as transport hub works begin
- 5 Load of Bull! Anger as Red Bull ramps up threat against Norwich gin firm
- 6 It's going down! Demolition of car showroom begins to make way for homes
- 7 Store still cordoned off with police tape two months after break-in
- 8 Farmers' market near Norwich set to reopen for the new year
- 9 See inside this three-storey home with city views on sale for £370k
- 10 In pictures: The history and changing face of St Stephens