Man arrested for drug driving in stolen car after city police chase
- Credit: Archant
A man has been arrested on suspicion of seven different offences after being caught by police while behind the wheel of a stolen car and under the influence of drugs.
Officers from the Norfolk and Suffolk Roads and Armed Policing Team (NSRAPT) attempted to pull over the man driving a grey Ford Kuga late on Saturday, March 28.
The man failed to stop for police, but was taken into custody when later caught in the city.
On top of the arrest for failure to stop, the man was also detained on suspicion of drug driving, dangerous driving, possession of cannabis, possession of a bladed article and resisting arrest.
The Ford was also discovered to be stolen, taking the number of suspected offences made by the man to seven.
You may also want to watch:
Earlier on Saturday, NSRAPT officers stopped a black Vauxhall Corsa in Rackheath to enquire why those in the car were out during a time when people should only be making essential journeys.
It was discovered that the driver didn’t have a licence, and so the car was seized.
- 1 Mayhem at some petrol pumps - but how are other city garages faring?
- 2 SOLD! Royal Arcade goes for £2m MORE than guide price
- 3 Monster rats 'the size of cats' invade city - and get in via the LOO
- 4 Chaos on ‘free-for-all' city street after double yellows disappear
- 5 Mayhem across city as drivers race to the petrol pumps
- 6 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 7 Norfolk to be hit by weekend bus cancellations due to driver shortage
- 8 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 9 Siblings slam council for 'backtracking' on council flat
- 10 New café serves a hundred customers in two hours on opening day