Police probe after alcohol and tobacco stolen from supermarket
- Credit: Archant
Police are investigating after alcohol and tobacco was stolen from a supermarket.
The Costessey Co-op Foodstore, in Norwich Road, New Costessey, was targeted on Saturday morning (August 15).
Officers from Norfolk police, including the forensics unit, were called to the incident at the foodstore.
The store, run by East of England Co-op, was closed this morning.
Norfolk police said they had been called at 5.48am to reports that tobacco and alcohol had been stolen.
You may also want to watch:
Staff said they hoped to reopen later today.
- 1 Controversy reignited over 300 home scheme on edge of Norwich
- 2 Noise concerns spark more than 40 objections to new city venue bid
- 3 Golden Triangle pub goes up for sale for half a million
- 4 Chaos on ‘free-for-all' city street after double yellows disappear
- 5 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 6 Monster rats 'the size of cats' invade city - and get in via the LOO
- 7 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 8 Shoe outlet opens first city centre branch in former Carphone Warehouse
- 9 'More of a service than a business': Bid to turn pub into local shop
- 10 'Turn up!' Groomer's plea to no-show pet owners