Police probe after alcohol and tobacco stolen from supermarket
- Credit: Archant
Police are investigating after alcohol and tobacco was stolen from a supermarket.
The Costessey Co-op Foodstore, in Norwich Road, New Costessey, was targeted on Saturday morning (August 15).
Officers from Norfolk police, including the forensics unit, were called to the incident at the foodstore.
The store, run by East of England Co-op, was closed this morning.
Norfolk police said they had been called at 5.48am to reports that tobacco and alcohol had been stolen.
You may also want to watch:
Staff said they hoped to reopen later today.
- 1 Eager shoppers queue for opening of 20-year-old's vintage clothing shop
- 2 Man due in court charged with murder after fatal stabbing in Thorpe
- 3 City beer gardens heaving as lockdown eases and Norwich City promoted
- 4 Story behind this famous photo of when Norwich went electric in 1957
- 5 Sweepers clean up in city after busy Saturday night - and punters behave
- 6 Public invited to have say on plans to convert derelict pub
- 7 WATCH: Delighted Delia Smith leads Canaries fans in Emi Buendia sing song
- 8 Two Norwich fish and chip shops named among top 50 in the country
- 9 Why The Sunday Times named Norwich one of the best places to live in 2021
- 10 Queues and tunes as life returns to city on Saturday after shops reopen