Police probe after alcohol and tobacco stolen from supermarket
- Credit: Archant
Police are investigating after alcohol and tobacco was stolen from a supermarket.
The Costessey Co-op Foodstore, in Norwich Road, New Costessey, was targeted on Saturday morning (August 15).
Officers from Norfolk police, including the forensics unit, were called to the incident at the foodstore.
The store, run by East of England Co-op, was closed this morning.
Norfolk police said they had been called at 5.48am to reports that tobacco and alcohol had been stolen.
You may also want to watch:
Staff said they hoped to reopen later today.
- 1 Water outages hit homes across city
- 2 Junkyard Market is returning to Norwich for Christmas
- 3 A Botanical Garden Bar and Christmas market is heading to Norwich
- 4 What a Boost - chocolate box business thrives amid demand for postal treats
- 5 Man fined for swearing at neighbours during lockdown barbeque
- 6 All the major Christmas events in Norfolk that can go ahead
- 7 Taxi driver stole more than £17,000 from his employer
- 8 Hospital launches coronavirus vaccine trial
- 9 Teenager suffers stab wounds in fight in Norwich
- 10 Matchday Recap: City top and unbeaten in 10 after draw with Coventry