Two homes in same street burgled within hours of each other
- Credit: Archant
Two break ins tooks place within hours of each other in the same Norwich street.
A laptop, purse, wallet and electrical items were stolen in two burglaries in Amderley Drive from Thursday night to Friday morning.
The first took place between 10pm on Thursday, April 16, and 8.45am the following morning, while the second home was targeted in the early hours of Friday morning, between 3am and 4.30am.
To prevent others from falling victim to this type of crime, Norfolk Police are reminding people to keep doors and windows shut and locked where possible, especially if the room or home is unoccupied, and to lock doors if you are spending time outside or before you go to bed.
Other advice includes locking gates using a sturdy lock and keeping valuables and personal property out of sight – removing them from window sills, worktops and tables.
You may also want to watch:
Police are appealing for anyone who may have witnessed any suspicious activity in the area during the stated times or anyone with any information to contact DC Tom Harvey at Norwich CID on 101 quoting crime reference 36/25340/20 or 36/25389/20.
Alternatively contact Crimestoppers 100% anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Tudor Stores reopens as manager resigns over safety fears
- 2 Caravan catches fire in Norwich
- 3 Armed police called to reports of man with knife
- 4 'It's very bad'-Trade decline frustration at stores as roadworks take place
- 5 Norwich mum and daughter duo shed 12st
- 6 How Norwich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 7 Key route into city closes for a week for safety improvement work
- 8 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 9 Five people spiked at three Norwich venues over the weekend
- 10 Family pays tribute to man killed after collision with double-decker bus