Two homes in same street burgled within hours of each other
- Credit: Archant
Two break ins tooks place within hours of each other in the same Norwich street.
A laptop, purse, wallet and electrical items were stolen in two burglaries in Amderley Drive from Thursday night to Friday morning.
The first took place between 10pm on Thursday, April 16, and 8.45am the following morning, while the second home was targeted in the early hours of Friday morning, between 3am and 4.30am.
To prevent others from falling victim to this type of crime, Norfolk Police are reminding people to keep doors and windows shut and locked where possible, especially if the room or home is unoccupied, and to lock doors if you are spending time outside or before you go to bed.
Other advice includes locking gates using a sturdy lock and keeping valuables and personal property out of sight – removing them from window sills, worktops and tables.
You may also want to watch:
Police are appealing for anyone who may have witnessed any suspicious activity in the area during the stated times or anyone with any information to contact DC Tom Harvey at Norwich CID on 101 quoting crime reference 36/25340/20 or 36/25389/20.
Alternatively contact Crimestoppers 100% anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 2 Jailed in Norfolk: Burglars, domestic abuse and threats to kill
- 3 In photos: Norwich transformed but deserted in lockdown snowfall
- 4 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 5 Drag Race star kicks off BBC show stint with Norwich City theme
- 6 Pizza and Yorkshire pudding wrap takeaway opening in Norwich
- 7 'Extraordinary' outbreak of Covid in Norwich prison
- 8 Picture quiz: How much do you know about Norwich clocks?
- 9 'Village would be worse without it' - Owner on plans for 17th century pub
- 10 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk