Murder probe launched after body found in King’s Lynn
Police have launched a murder investigation after the body of a man was found at a house in King's Lynn.
Officers found the body on Leicester Avenue in Gaywood on Saturday afternoon.
The avenue, off Bagge Road, was cordoned off as crime scene investigators searched for clues.
The body was removed from the house at 12pm yesterday and a post-mortem was carried out yesterday afternoon.
A police spokesman said yesterday: 'The body of a man was found at 3 Leicester Avenue, King's Lynn at 4pm yesterday.
You may also want to watch:
'The death is being treated as murder.
'Local CID officers, together with officers from Norfolk and Suffolk Joint Major Investigation Team, have begun an investigation into the circumstances surrounding the incident.'
- 1 Norwich firm fined £1m over explosion which killed much-loved father
- 2 'Sneaky and selfish' changes to bus route slammed
- 3 Man appears in court over Thorpe St Andrew murder
- 4 Inconvenience store: Family business blighted by roadworks
- 5 Man found in city flat named at inquest
- 6 Eyesore tags or street art? Artists on graffiti 'tagging' trend
- 7 ‘Now is NOT the time’: Bosses’ backlash over congestion charge idea
- 8 Villagers' outrage as trees and hedges axed in ongoing battle
- 9 Hungry and helpless: Rough sleepers' fears ahead of harsh winter
- 10 YOUR REACTION: Should Norwich have a congestion charge?
Officers were busy yesterday carrying out house-to-house enquiries.
Anyone with information about what may have happened at the address is asked to contact Norfolk Constabulary on 0845 456 4567 and ask for officers working on Operation Meadow. Alternatively call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111