Murder probe launched after body found in King’s Lynn
Police have launched a murder investigation after the body of a man was found at a house in King's Lynn.
Officers found the body on Leicester Avenue in Gaywood on Saturday afternoon.
The avenue, off Bagge Road, was cordoned off as crime scene investigators searched for clues.
The body was removed from the house at 12pm yesterday and a post-mortem was carried out yesterday afternoon.
A police spokesman said yesterday: 'The body of a man was found at 3 Leicester Avenue, King's Lynn at 4pm yesterday.
You may also want to watch:
'The death is being treated as murder.
'Local CID officers, together with officers from Norfolk and Suffolk Joint Major Investigation Team, have begun an investigation into the circumstances surrounding the incident.'
- 1 Dutch design could inspire revamp of danger roundabout
- 2 Hot property Maddison adds up for City
- 3 Ghosts of business past: Empty shop units for rent for £100,000
- 4 Ex-Canaries striker seals Championship move
- 5 Cactus shop selling £95 plants opens in Norwich phone box
- 6 Revealed: How much to rent former high street store
- 7 Revealed: New Anglia Square talks take place
- 8 City centre street set to close at weekend
- 9 'Happy, carefree' memories of Samson and Hercules flood in
- 10 New bid to limit city centre offices being turned into flats
Officers were busy yesterday carrying out house-to-house enquiries.
Anyone with information about what may have happened at the address is asked to contact Norfolk Constabulary on 0845 456 4567 and ask for officers working on Operation Meadow. Alternatively call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111