Murder probe launched after body found in King’s Lynn
Police have launched a murder investigation after the body of a man was found at a house in King's Lynn.
Officers found the body on Leicester Avenue in Gaywood on Saturday afternoon.
The avenue, off Bagge Road, was cordoned off as crime scene investigators searched for clues.
The body was removed from the house at 12pm yesterday and a post-mortem was carried out yesterday afternoon.
A police spokesman said yesterday: 'The body of a man was found at 3 Leicester Avenue, King's Lynn at 4pm yesterday.
'The death is being treated as murder.
'Local CID officers, together with officers from Norfolk and Suffolk Joint Major Investigation Team, have begun an investigation into the circumstances surrounding the incident.'
- 1 Toddler died after getting trapped between stair gates
- 2 City teen named Ikea drops furniture brand as first name
- 3 Escaped giant eagle owl spotted in Norwich city centre
- 4 City flat with spiral staircase and balcony bedroom for sale for £190k
- 5 Parking charges at city parks has raised £0
- 6 'She died alone': Plea to raise funds for Ruth who died before Christmas
- 7 New Fireaway Pizza takeaway set for Norwich
- 8 Mum has foot run over in incident with foul-mouthed driver
- 9 Owner of 'thriving' cheesecake business now looking to open shop
- 10 Norwich's tiniest pub completes facelift
Officers were busy yesterday carrying out house-to-house enquiries.
Anyone with information about what may have happened at the address is asked to contact Norfolk Constabulary on 0845 456 4567 and ask for officers working on Operation Meadow. Alternatively call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111