Murder probe launched after body found in King’s Lynn
Police have launched a murder investigation after the body of a man was found at a house in King's Lynn.
Officers found the body on Leicester Avenue in Gaywood on Saturday afternoon.
The avenue, off Bagge Road, was cordoned off as crime scene investigators searched for clues.
The body was removed from the house at 12pm yesterday and a post-mortem was carried out yesterday afternoon.
A police spokesman said yesterday: 'The body of a man was found at 3 Leicester Avenue, King's Lynn at 4pm yesterday.
You may also want to watch:
'The death is being treated as murder.
'Local CID officers, together with officers from Norfolk and Suffolk Joint Major Investigation Team, have begun an investigation into the circumstances surrounding the incident.'
- 1 Deputy lieutenant of Norfolk sells beloved thatched Broads home
- 2 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 3 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 4 New 24-hour McDonald's branch poised for green light
- 5 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?
- 6 Nurse's 'heartbreak' over hospital care as her father dies on Covid ward
- 7 Wetherspoon pubs reveal reopening plan after 'zero' sales
- 8 Crash between two cars left road partially closed
- 9 Coronavirus outbreak at construction company working on County Hall
- 10 Could free public transport rescue Norwich city centre?
Officers were busy yesterday carrying out house-to-house enquiries.
Anyone with information about what may have happened at the address is asked to contact Norfolk Constabulary on 0845 456 4567 and ask for officers working on Operation Meadow. Alternatively call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111