Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- Credit: Ben Hardy
Two men are now in a critical condition after multiple people were stabbed at a house in Norwich.
Following reports that a person had been stabbed, a number of police units rushed to an address in Hemming Way just after 5pm.
On arrival at the property, police discovered a man in his 20s with stab wounds.
A further call was received at 5.15pm from the ambulance service after three other men had been found on Marriott's Way, near to Barker Street, with stab wounds.
They were all taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital for treatment, where two of the men remain in a critical condition. The other two have serious, but not life-threatening injuries.
Following the incident, police subsequently blocked off nearby Marriott's Way which is close to Wensum Park and advised people to avoid the area.
A police spokesman said: "A number of seals have been put in place in connection with the incident and although enquiries are in their early stages, officers are treating this as an isolated incident and do not believe there is a wider threat to the public.
"Five men have been arrested in connection with the incident and enquiries are ongoing."
- 1 School sacks suspended teacher after investigation and petition
- 2 All you need to know ahead of The Killers concert at Carrow Road
- 3 City folk baffled after being barricaded into their own homes
- 4 Green light for park and ride, drive throughs and offices near Norwich
- 5 House price boom pushing city buyers out of the market
- 6 Weather warning as thunderstorms set to hit Norfolk
- 7 Staff tuck into emergency honeycomb after bees rescued from city pub
- 8 When will work start on new Aldi store?
- 9 'Fast & Furious' modified cars reported speeding down industrial road
- 10 Meet the mystery city woman behind the Queen's post box topper
Anyone who witnessed the incidents should contact Norwich CID on 101 quoting incident 338 of October 27, 2021.