Motoring ban for Taverham mum caught drink-driving
A single mum has been banned from driving after being caught more than two times over the drink-drive limit.
Gemma Peruzzi, 22, of Kingswood Avenue, Taverham, was driving a Nissan Almera on Riverside Road, Norwich, when she was stopped by police on Saturday, January 8.
She was found to have 78 microgrammes of alcohol per 100ml of breath. The legal limit is 35mcg.
Peruzzi was also found to be driving with no insurance. She pleaded guilty at Norwich Magistrates' Court to both offences yesterday.
Gavin Cowe, mitigating, said: 'She acted foolishly. She had been at a friend's party and she became concerned about getting home to see her son, aged four, and drove her friend's vehicle.'
You may also want to watch:
Peruzzi was banned from driving for 18 months. She was also fined �100 plus a further �200 for driving with no insurance and a �15 victim surcharge.
- 1 Norwich man convicted of murder boasts of mutilating 'up to 30' cats
- 2 TikTok craze sparks calls to stop sale of beans to under-18s
- 3 'Dream come true': Norwich restaurant wins national award
- 4 Should straight people go into queer clubs and bars?
- 5 Mum's pleas to move house denied despite GP's concerns over wellbeing
- 6 Norfolk man jailed for historic child sex abuse offences
- 7 See inside this quirky bungalow for sale near Norwich railway station
- 8 Norwich man in court over more than 84,000 indecent images
- 9 'No help to us' - Mixed views on £6.1m street revamp
- 10 Norwich man wanted by police