Motoring ban for Taverham mum caught drink-driving
A single mum has been banned from driving after being caught more than two times over the drink-drive limit.
Gemma Peruzzi, 22, of Kingswood Avenue, Taverham, was driving a Nissan Almera on Riverside Road, Norwich, when she was stopped by police on Saturday, January 8.
She was found to have 78 microgrammes of alcohol per 100ml of breath. The legal limit is 35mcg.
Peruzzi was also found to be driving with no insurance. She pleaded guilty at Norwich Magistrates' Court to both offences yesterday.
Gavin Cowe, mitigating, said: 'She acted foolishly. She had been at a friend's party and she became concerned about getting home to see her son, aged four, and drove her friend's vehicle.'
You may also want to watch:
Peruzzi was banned from driving for 18 months. She was also fined �100 plus a further �200 for driving with no insurance and a �15 victim surcharge.
- 1 Deputy lieutenant of Norfolk sells beloved thatched Broads home
- 2 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 3 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 4 New 24-hour McDonald's branch poised for green light
- 5 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?
- 6 Nurse's 'heartbreak' over hospital care as her father dies on Covid ward
- 7 Wetherspoon pubs reveal reopening plan after 'zero' sales
- 8 Crash between two cars left road partially closed
- 9 Coronavirus outbreak at construction company working on County Hall
- 10 Could free public transport rescue Norwich city centre?