Man arrested over threats to kill taken to hospital for treatment
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A man arrested after making threats to kill during a disturbance at a Norwich home in the early hours of the morning has been taken to hospital for treatment.
He then returned to his own home in a distressed state and locked himself inside.
Police were called to the scene, including firearms and public order officers and police negotiators.
Following lengthy negotiations, officers forced entry to the property shortly after 6am and detained the man. No-one was injured.
The man was arrested on suspicion of threats to kill and taken into custody for questioning.
A police spokesman said the man was released under investigation while enquiries continue.
But following a mental health assessment while in custody the man was subsequently served a recall to hospital notice at Hellesdon Hospital.
- 1 Takeaway investigated after boy in hospital with suspected food poisoning
- 2 Former Norwich North MP and champion of city Dr Ian Gibson dies
- 3 Man fined £60 for taking 16 seconds to drop partner at hospital
- 4 Farke makes a pact with City squad
- 5 Norwich takeaway's food poisoning complaint investigation closed
- 6 Man arrested in Norwich after appeal launched
- 7 Tributes paid to popular Avenue Middle School head who taught thousands of Norwich children
- 8 A nice place for a nap... Seal spotted dozing under Norwich bridge
- 9 'He lived and breathed Norwich' - Glowing tributes to Dr Ian Gibson
- 10 City star Buendia reveals Messi's Argentina intervention