Six people arrested after man in 50s was stabbed in Norwich
- Credit: Archant © 2005
A man has been taken to hospital after he was stabbed in Norwich.
Police were called to an address in Goldwell Road, near Southwell Road following reports a man at the location had been stabbed and had wounds to his arms and legs.
The man, who is in his 50s, was taken to hospital.
Officers were called at about 2.45pm on Thursday, January 21 and it was subsequently discovered the man had been stabbed at about 2.20pm in Hobart Lane.
Following further enquiries, officers attended an address in the Trafalgar Street area of the city and arrested six people in connection with the incident.
All six - four men and two women - have been taken into custody and will be questioned in due course.
Detective Sergeant Ian Fuller said: "We are in the early stages of this investigation but one line of enquiry is that those involved may be known to each other.
- 1 Emma Thompson and Peaky Blinders actor to star in new film shot in Norwich
- 2 ‘Safeguarding’ teacher allowed vulnerable pupil to keep pills
- 3 Family of missing man informed after body found near lake
- 4 Road to close for three nights for £100,000 work
- 5 Chef to reopen major hotel that closed amid financial woes
- 6 Olives in Norwich launches cooked breakfast delivery service
- 7 Calls for bridge to stop A47 dualling work leaving villagers cut off
- 8 Couple who drove from Hull to Norfolk for a walk among lockdown breakers
- 9 Homelessness workers 'almost at point of collapse'
- 10 Revealed: how many people have had the Covid-19 vaccine where you live
"Officers are continuing with their enquiries to establish the circumstances leading up to this incident and I would encourage anyone with information to contact police.”
Anyone who may have witnessed the incident, or saw any suspicious activity in the Hobart Lane area at around the time of the incident, should contact Norwich CID on 101 quoting incident number 253 of Thursday, January 21 2021.